First day

A.N/First chapter,please comment what you think. I guess this could be a fifty shades fan fic,some aspects will be similar. Picture of Tristan, attached.

Deep breaths Hayley

I mentally encouraged myself as I slowly felt myself rising in the marble elevator. I kept my head down and just tried to keep myself focused...this is way too much pressure.

Even when I applied for this position i didn't expect to actually get it. It's a big deal and I'm working under the right person to give me experience that will look amazing on my résumé.

My blood spiked in my veins as the elevator opened on my floor,honestly I have no idea where I'm going. I checked in at reception and all they said was,"12th floor go to the desk up there"

Not helpful.

I scurried out the elevator and squealed as the doors began to shut. I heard a snicker from the crowd of people behind me but chose to bite my lip and just keep my head down. That's embarrassing. All the employees here look like they should be on the cover of Vogue or something.

I made my way down the hall until I came face to face with a very pretty brunette sat behind a marble desk.

Jeez this place is so fancy,marble everything.

Ugh,i feel so out of place.

I mean,i feel good today. I chose a nice outfit, a black pencil skirt that sits just on my knee and a white blouse with a frilly black bow near the collar. I'd finished the outfit with some black kitten heels and my black handbag. Professional but feminine,my hair cooperated today so I used my tong to add some natural looking waves. I looked presentable. I guess I'm not too bad looks wise,either. Unlike the pretty receptionist though,I'm blonde. All the women here seem to be dark haired,not all brunette but I do feel like I stick out like a sore thumb. I have blue eyes and fair features...the rest look like they could be on a catwalk.

I realise I've been standing here for a while now,i probably look a little creepy. I shake my head and smile timidly as I make my way to the counter. She looked up at me brightly and smiled.

"May I help you?" she prompts,still smiling,shes welcoming I'll give her that.

I blink at her eagerness and try and remember why I'm here.

"Um,yes I'm Mr Shield's new assistant" I say,attempting to mimic her smile.

Her eyes widened and she immediately spun in her seat to reach out and grab a phone off its hook. I watched her intently as she punched in a few numbers and waited until she heard a voice at the other line.

"I have Miss Dakota for you" she addressed politely. It sounded like she'd suddenly gone into robot mode...

Is he really that intimidating? I don't even know what he looks like,it was the senior partner that interviewed me as Mr Shields was away that week. I don't know a damn thing about him...

My breathing increased. This could end really badly.

She placed the phone back on the receiver and just as she was about to instruct me,the glass door at the end of the hall opened and my new boss walked out. I kept my gaze at the floor for the moment just watching his steps as they echoed down the MARBLE floor towards me.

This whole place is marble. I know they were a successful law firm but um woah.

I like his shoes...

"Miss Dakota" his low voice ripped through my ears. Was I the only one who found his voice attractive,thats got to be why miss brunette went all stiff when she was talking to him.