One

Walking into La Quinta Inn & Suites, I made my way to the 2nd floor. My feet moved on their own accord, leading me to Room #221. I pulled the key card from my black leather wallet and stuck it into the door. The green light granted me access inside the executive king suite. Taking off my jacket, I was just about the run the shower water when a knock at the door halted my actions.

Reaching for the door, one of the maids handed me a bouquet of red roses. The fact that she wore gloves when handling the flowers should've tipped me off, but it didn't. "Who are these from?"

The woman shrugged her shoulders. "A woman just asked me to deliver them to you."

"What did she look like?" I questioned her, looking down the empty hallway.

"She had dark brown hair... uh she was short. I believe she was a latina." The maid paused trying to recall the woman's appearance. "Oh that's right... she had a large tattoo of red roses with vines going down her right thigh."

I smirked, thanking the maid before I retreated back into my room. A sticky substance transferred from the flowers to my hands. I wiped my palms on my jeans and headed towards the window. I caught a glimpse of my reflection in the mirror.

I wanted to stop, but my feet led me to the window. I let out a whimper inside of my heart knowing what was to come next. Pulling back the blinds to catch the sunset, a red Ferrari drew my attention below. It revved up before everything went bright. I screamed as pain captured my entire body the moment I caught on fire.

Skin melted like wax, and it became hard to breathe. My knees crumbled, but the flames only grew higher as the room caught on fire. The last thing I saw were the red and orange hues as my vision failed me.

**

I bolted awake screaming out in pain still feeling the effects of the flames clawing at my skin. My lungs sucked in oxygen like it was deprived of it for an eternity. It took me a full 30 minutes to calm down. Once I got my bearings, I prayed. This was the 8th dream I've had in 2 weeks. Every 2 days this dream would haunt me, exposing more detail of the murder each time.

Insomnia plagued me on the nights the dream decided to be absent. I haven't had a decent night's sleep for a month. The demonic attacks usually occurred when I was hungry, angry, lonely or tired (HALT). That which hid in the shadows appeared more frequently since I was so tired lately.

Before I forgot the new details of the dream, I wrote it in a notepad that I kept close to my bed. The clock read 4:00am, but I couldn't go back to sleep. No, I didn't want to go back to sleep so, I got up to clean my apartment. While I was worshipping, the Lord spoke to my heart. "Orchards Restaurant. 7pm."

I thought better than to argue with God. He knew that if I were to step foot into that place again, I would get arrested for trespassing. He's God, and I'm not. He knows what He's doing, besides, if it saves a life then I'd trespass a hundred times over.

**

7 O'clock rolled around faster than I would have liked, but I drew on the Lord's strength and walked into the building. Brock, the restaurant security guard was nowhere to be found, and I mentally thanked God. The Lord urged me forward, pass the fountain in the middle of the room and towards the back section where the rich typically dined.

There were a lot of women gathered around a table with 2 men. My spirit quickened, and I knew this was the guy from my dreams. The second guy turned his head towards me, and my eyes widened. I had seen the glory of the Lord shining upon him.

I had to deliver this message, but seeing the man in person made the courage drain from my heart. He was gorgeous. My eyes diverted from his face to the darkness right beside him. I guess it was now or never.

As I approached him, the women sneered in disgust. "What are you doing here, Crazy Sadie?" It finally occured to me that I wasn't dressed for the atmosphere, but that was the least of my worries. I rolled my eyes, ignoring Katie. That nickname was so foolish. I bet none of them even knew my real name. It's Savannah Hunter, not Crazy Sadie.

Someone motioned for security, and the stranger stared at me. He looked at me and furrowed his brows, and it seemed as if something clicked inside of his head. I got close enough to whisper in his ear, "You're in danger. Don't go back to your hotel room tonight..."

Before I was able to get another word in, the security came and picked me up rather harshly. "Let's go, crazy Sadie!"

"No! Put me down!" I turned back towards the man, and he looked conflicted, but he had remained quiet as my outburst had caused everyone's attention to be drawn to us. "IF YOU GO BACK, YOU'LL BURN FROM THE THORNS OF RED ROSES. DON'T TOUCH THE FLOWERS!!!"

Brock tossed me outside, and I landed on my butt. "I've warned you about coming in here and disturbing the customers. The cops are on their way." He growled out, and I bolted down the street, clearly having overstayed my welcome. Besides, I had seen the darkness inside of him.

I shivered when the dream came back to mind. I could still feel my skin burning off; his screams were mixed with my own. Recalling the smell of burning flesh made me barf in the bushes nearby. It was the worst smell I had ever come across.

After I got in my car, I rode home, praying to God that I wouldn't turn on the TV later on and see a video of the hotel on fire.

》》》》》》》》

Their meeting was destiny. She didn't know just how much the stranger would come to be to her.