Chapter 13 - Events At The Event

Gabriella's outfit and hair to the side.

Gabriella's POV

Pain shot through my arm again and Lanie chuckled beside me.

"Sit still!" Helen demanded.

"Fine just stop pinching me woman!" I retorted.

Currently Lanie and I were at our condo having our make-up and hair done by a very close friend of ours. We only had about two hours to finish and get down to the Hotel that was letting us host the event. Many different people were going to be attending. Diego had invited a lot of well known people.

To say that I was nervous would be an understatement. They weren't nerves for the event but more for my parents officially meeting Diego and his family. My dad and brother already met Diego but my mom hadn't and I know she was going to be pissed off at me. Plus I knew she was going to be very judgemental, considering what happened with Anthony.

Okay now is not that time to go down that road Gabriella!

I smiled as I remembered the amazing day I had with Diego. He was so nice and gentle but he also knew when to be more aggressive, and I loved that about him. Gosh there were a lot of things I loved about him. On second thought I loved everything about him.

Did he ever really want me to redecorate his restaruant? Or was he up to something else?

I frowned the more I thought about it. It seemed as if our meeting had been forced. I met his family on the first day of meeting Diego! Was he up to something?

"So you still haven't told me the juicy details!" Lanie whinned.

I looked at her confused,"What are you talking about?"

"Well did you fuck anyone last night?" She asked bluntly.

"Did you?" I retorted.

"Urm....." Her cheeks started to color and she avoided eye contact.

My hand flew to my gaping mouth in shock.

"Lanie! Tell me who it was, and did you remember to use protection?" My own face paled at that thought.

Diego and I hadn't used protection and I wasn't on the pill. If I did end up pregnant he better be ready to become a father. Immediately my mood changed at the thought of having babies with Diego. It was different with him than it had been with Anthony. Besides the fact that Diego was way bigger than Anthony, Diego seemed to be absorbed in me that he forgot everything else. Anthony had always stopped and put on a condom. I had never been on the pill and I didn't plan on getting on the pill. My mother had been on the pill and she gained a whole bunch of weight when I was a teen. I really didn't want to gain weight so I just hoped that the guy would use a condom. Though Anthony had been the last guy I had been sexually active with.

"Gabriella I'm scared." Lanie's quiet voice broke through my thoughts.

"Why?" I asked.

"He already has enough issues at hand he doesn't need me to tell him that I'm pregnant." She looked down at her hands in her lap.

"Honey if he had the brains to stick his dick in your vagina than he had to have the brains to remember to put on a condom." Helen spoke up for the first time.

"Argh! I don't know what to do!" Lanie exclaimed.

"Lanie that was yesturday. Don't worry about it for now. Right now we have to focus on getting ready and getting to the Hotel on time." I got up from my chair and headed over to my closet.

Letting my robe slip off my shoulders I grabbed my dress from its hanger and slipped it on. Pulling at the zipper and straightening the fabric. Glancing at my heels I finally settled for my nude open-toe Louboutins.

Walking out Lanie stood at the end of my bed dressed in a beautiful peach colored dress. She smiled at me and walked towards me. A thin black box in her hands. Her eyes glinting with happiness.

"Happy anniversary!" She beamed.

Taking the box from her hands I opened it and my eyes widened. A beautiful diamond necklace sat there in the plush velvet.

"Annaiversary for what?" I asked confused.

"Us! We've been friends for 16 fucking years!" She exclaimed.

"Holy shit! You're right!" I muttered.

"Turn around," I did as she said and she carfully placed the necklace on me,"Alright now let's go before we get there late!"

¤ ¤ ¤

"I can't wait till you actually get here so I can show you off!" Diego's husky voice sent shivers down my spine.

"I can't wait till I get there too! I just wish this traffic would hurry up!" I pouted a little causing Diego to laugh.

Being stuck in traffic sucked. Diego had FaceTimed me and here we were still talking. Lanie had put in her earphones a while ago.

"You need to hurry!" He exclaimed.

"Don't tell me! This damn traffic isn't moving!" I complained.

Finally the limo started to move but came to a stop. I looked out the window and noticed we had stopped at a junction. Caterpillars start to squirm in my stomach. Looking to the driver I opened my mouth to speak. The thing is I never got the chance to say anything.

My body was flung to the other side of the limo as was Lanie. A high pitched scream erupted from within me. My body going slack causing my phone to slip from my grip. Pain erupted in my head as it hit the window with a painful crack. The Limo tumbled to the side and glass shattered. Everything going in circles as my body thrashed around like it was nothing. Lanie's body was limp and no noise was coming from her. I began to panic. This was my best friend, my sister, she had been with me through all my shit.

Tears streamed down my face as I thought about loosing my best friend. A painful scream came from within my soul as I felt a shard of glass stabbed into my side.

Blood.

It was everywhere now.

Lanie's skin was scratched from the glass as was mine. The drivers body was also limp. The limo finally came to a stop. The screeching sound of metal scraping on the road stopped also. My ears pulsed and my heart beat was frantic. My back was laying against what would have been the roof of the limo and Lanie lay a few inches from me.

"Lanie?" I croaked out even though I knew it was hopeless.

"GABRIELLA!" Diego's voice sounded faint.

Damn I hit my head pretty hard if I can hear his voice.

"GOD DAMN IT! GABRIELLA!" His voice sounded close yet muffled at the same time.

"Diego?" I croaked again.

"Gabriella what the hell just happened?" He asked.

"Truck.......limo.....flipped.....unresponsive......Lanie...." my mind became fuzzy and I couldn't form sentences.

The crunching of glass caused my head to snap in the direction of the noise. A pair of black dress shoes in my line of sight. The person crouched down and a man's face came into view. A sly smirk on his face.

"Such a shame." He pointed what looked like a gun at me. My sight was blurring thanks to the lose of blood.

With that the guy shot me and everything went dark.

I did dedicate this to @jailine_gomez because she was the second person to comment on my story. I am glad she did so thanks girl! Don't forget to...

Vote

Comment

Follow

Share

♥♥♥