Chapter 14 - Is She Or Is She Not?

Diego's POV

Desperation flooded my entire being as I watched the screen of my phone. The sound of metal on metal forever etched in my brain. Gabriella's scream pierced through my heart and I felt like death had just told me I had 30 seconds to live. My entire body was shaking and I couldn't stop the anger that I felt. Someone had the nerve to hurt my Gabriella, to cause her to scream in agony and dear God only knows what else.

"GABRIELLA!" I shouted, ignoring the looks people gave me."GOD DAMN IT! GABRIELLA!"

"Diego?"

Her voice sounded far away and muffled, but the sound of her voice brought some hope into my heart.

"Gabriella what the hell just happened?" I asked desperately.

"Truck.......limo......flipped......unresponsive........Lanie..." Her sentence sound forced and slurred at the same time.

The crunching of glass sounded and my hopes rose again. Someone finally got there. Hopefully they already called 911.

"Such a shame." A deep voice said. A shot rang and my blood ran cold in my veins.

All the blood drained from my face. A beeping from my phone informed me that the called had been disconnected. Turning around I ran towards the doors. A hand pulled me to a stop. My head snapped towards the person who held me back to go save my love.

"Diego what's happening?" Jake asks me.

"GabriellawasjustinanaccidentandIheardashotandIneedtogo!" I talked so fast the words jumbled together but I was trying to leave!

"What?" He looked so confused.

"Follow me!" I managed before turning and running again.

Bursting through the doors I ignored the calls from the reporters and I looked for a car to take. Just then Rebecca pulled up. She got out of the passenger side and her husband Zach exited to drivers side. Quickly I grabbed the keys from his hand and jumped in the car. Jake barely made it into the car before I was speeding off.

My heart rate was going crazy and my thoughts drifted back to what I had heard. My emotions were everywhere. I wanted to be sad but I was beyond mad that someone had shot at Gabriella. I was desperate and in agony. I can't imagine what Gabriella went through.

My grip on the steering wheel tightened and Jake glanced at me worryingly as I speed up even more. I moved the car through traffic easily. Red and blue lights flashed ahead and I finally let off the gas a little. Traffic came to a stop and I slammed on the brakes. Stopping mere inches from the car ahead of us I put the car in park and launched myself out of the car. Jake quickly followed. As I near the lights I saw the police tape and all the police officers. Running towards them one of them saw me running and he quickly tackled me to the floor.

"Hey! What the hell is your fucking problem?! Get the fuck off of him!" Jake shouted from above me.

"I'm sorry sir but no one is allowed beyond the tape. Only family of the victims. And running like that looks threatening and we are on high alert right now." The police officer explained as he helped me up.

"I'm her fiancee and that's her brother. Gabriella Hernandez." I said emotionlessly.

"Names." The officer took out a mini notebook.

"Diego Reyes and Jake Hernandez." I complied.

"Alright."

With that the police officer lifted up the police tape and let us through.