Chapter 17 - Hopes

Gabriella's POV

Have you ever been in a situation where you feel like you're standing on a thin rope 600 feet above ground?

When panic crawls under your skin and your vision becomes blurry. Sweat starts to coat every inch of your body and no matter how many deep breathes you take your heart beats frantically. Your insides churn and you feel like in any moment you'll lose your balance. It feels like everyone is watching you to see what your next move will be.

The thing is I have no idea what to do. As soon as I cleared my mind on the way to the hospital I felt different. My body had started to change and the reason flashed in my mind. The thing is, is this the time to actually tell Diego? What if he didn't want to have children with me?

A memory of him asking me if I could have children calmed my nerves down a bit. Excitement had built up inside me and Lanie looked at me wierd. I just gave her a small smile and looked out the window. Anxiety mixed with happiness invade my whole being and I couldn't keep still. My first priority was to get Diego seen by a doctor and have that bullet removed. Then I would worry more over myself and test if my theory was correct.

As soon as we arrived a group of nurses and doctors rushed to our aid and they took Diego away on a bed. A pretty blonde nurse pushed me on a wheelchair into a room to be examined. Blood was drawn and thankfully I was able to wash all the nasty sweat and blood from my body.

Laying on the bed in only a hospital gown my thoughts went back to the day of the accident. My doubts about my relationship with Diego vanished, thanks to the fact that he was actively participating in our rescue. My hand rested on top of stomach.

Please God let this be true.

I closed my eyes and sleep took over and I willingly let it.

¤ ¤ ¤

"......should leave and come back later." A voice similar to Rebecca's said.

"You guys go check on your brother he got out of surgery a while ago. John and I will be here and if she does wake up I'll call for you." My mother's voice whispered.

Mom never managed to learn to actually lower the volume of her voice!

"Mom?" My horrible voice seemed to echo through the now silent room.

"Gab?" A warm hand wrapped around my cold hand.

Opening my eyes I flinched at the brightness of the room. Looking around I saw Rebecca and her husband Zach standing by the foot of my bed while my mother and father stood next to me.

The door suddenly burst open and Jake walked in.

"Great so I step out for a moment and she decides to wake up!" He threw his hands up in the air.

Everyone chuckled lightly and Rebecca walked towards me.

"I'm glad we got you back. Diego was going crazy without having you by his side. He swore he'd kill whoever took you but apparently you girls took care of that." She said with so much pride in her voice.

"Who?" I asked.

"Raymond. He was found knocked out with a knife jabbed into his crotch." Rebecca explained.

Realization hit me all of a sudden. The man Rebecca was talking about was the man I threw the knife at. He was the guy who took them. Anger coursed through my body as so many possibilities flashed through her mind. The forms of pure torture she would have put him through.

"How is Diego?" I asked trying to get my anger under control.

Zach must've heard the anger laced within my words because he moved to Rebecca's side and wrapped an arm around her waist.

I rolled my eyes at his behavior even though I wanted that with Diego. I wanted him to be protective of me just not to the point where he wanted to control everything I did.

"He is in the recovery room for now. Lucky the bullet didn't hit anything important." Zach responded.

"Have my test results come back?" Worry filled my heart.

Automatically my hand flew to rest on my stomach and everyone followed my movement. Their eyes seemed to be piercing into my womb and disbelief flashed in everyone but Rebecca's eyes.

"Are- are you. Uhm...uh..." Dad trailed off.

"¿Estas embarasanda?" Rebecca finally asked.(Are you pregnant?)

"I think I may be." I shrugged my shoulders.

"When did you and Diego have uh uhm ....sex." dad barely said the last word.

"Uh almost two weeks ago." I said hesitantly.

Silence stretched on for what seemed like eternity. It was cut when the door open and a doctor walked in.

"Hello everyone." She said.

"Hi" we all said in unison.

"Alright Miss Gabriella Hernandez or is it Reyes?" She looked uterly confused.

"Why would it be Reyes?" My mom spoke up.

"Well the young man that came in with you has been demanding for us to, and I quote, 'take him to his woman'." She explained.

Rebecca burst out laughing and Zach tried to hide his smile. My mom and dad looked shocked while Jake just stood there looking at the doctor with a weird look on his face.

"That sounds like Diego alright. To answer your question it's Hernandez. He hasn't asked the big question yet." I replied.

"Well Miss Hernandez, your test results look good. Everything looks normal so you should be good to go as soon as I get you the discharge papers." She looked down at her clipboard and then looked back up.

"Am I pregnant?" I asked boldly.

"Have you missed your period yet?" She asked.

"I'm not sure I would have to look at my calendar." I tried to bring the image of calendar to mind but failed.

"I won't give you false hope so what I'm going to suggest is that when you get home check and if you haven't then wait till the days when your period was due by. If you don't get it then either come and get a test done here or you can buy yourself a home test." She explained.

Saddness swept through my body at the possibility of not being with child.

A hand squeezed my shoulder and looking up Rebecca gave me a small smile.

Shouts could be heard in the hall and they seemed to be getting closer to my room. The door banged against the wall and Diego walked in his eyes zeroing in on me. Stalking over to me he ignored the protests of the nurses running in behind him. Reaching my side he waisted no time to crash his lips to mine. The kiss even in its simplicity stole my breathe away. I could feel all the words he wanted to say but didn't say them outloud. My core started to throb and yes even with people looking I felt completely turned on by the kiss.

"Gabriella Hernandez. Will you do me the honors of..."

¤ ¤ ¤
A/N
I love you all!
I left the cliffhanger for a reason so.....
What do ya'll think he's going to ask her?
·Vote
·Comment
·share
·follow
♡♡