Chapter 21 - Waiting

Recap:

He looked at me in the eyes and I could feel the love radiating from him. My stomach was a jumbled mess and I felt like I was going to lose my dinner from all the emotions I felt.

"Will you marry me?"

Gabriella's POV

So many emotions were coursing through my body at the moment. It felt as if my whole entire being was going into overdrive and there was nothing I could do about it. Everyone was holding their breath waiting for me to give Diego an answer. The thing was I couldn't give him an answer. If I opened my mouth even just a little I felt that I was going to lose my whole entire dinner on him. As if on cue my stomach started to churn uncomfortably and my saliva glands starts releasing a lot of saliva. All the signs to indicate, that I was about to throw up.

Pushing Diego to the side as gently as I could in my rush, I ran to the bathroom and barely made it to the toilet before everything started to come up. The bathroom door slammed open but I didn't even turn to see who had walked in. I had a feeling I knew who it was as soon as I smelt Diego's cologne. My hair was pulled back and I sighed in relief when I felt the cool air hit the back of my neck. He ran a hand up and down my back in a soothing pattern. Even though we were in a pretty f*cked up situation I felt happy and content.

"Better?" He asked after a few seconds of me not hurling anymore.

"Yes, so much better. I just didn't want to throw up on you." I explained and rinsed my mouth in the bathroom sink.

Looking at him through the mirror I saw a bit of sadness in them and I knew that even though my actions were justified he felt rejected. Not answering him in front of his family really took a toll on him.

"I know a bathroom is probably the last place you wanted to do this but I need to tell you now. Diego I love you so much that I can no longer understand how I lived before, without having you by my side. Now that we have created a new life and to know that it's growing inside me, Diego, me knowing that you love me equally brings so much happiness to me. What we have is so raw that only we will be able to completely understand how it works out for us." I took a deep breath as collected my thoughts.

"When I first met you I had blood trickling down onto my lip and then you helped me. Never would I have thought that we could have gotten so far in the amount of time that we have. Being around you and your family during that first family reunion that you took me to, I could tell you truly cared about them and that you weren't some stuck up rich man. When the crash happened I thought that it was it. During the time that I was unconscious you were the one on my mind. Then later on when you burst through the door and then got shot trying to save me, I knew in that moment that you would in fact risk your life in order to save me."

I looked deep into his eyes and saw the purest of emotions in there. Walking up to him I stood there and looked up at him through my eyelashes.

"So to answer your earlier question, yes Diego I will marry you."

He brought down his lips and brushed them lightly against mine. He placed a hand behind my neck and the other rested on my hip. Just as we were about to deepen the kiss the bathroom door opened.

"Okay I love you guys but everyone out here is waiting for an answer!" Rebecca exclaimed.

Chuckling Diego and I headed out to inform our families that we were going to get married. For once I wasn't nervous just anxious to get married already.