Chapter 22 - The End

Diego's POV

Walking back to my family I noticed I had a little jump in my step. Gabriella had a breath taking smile on her beautiful face. Knowing that she knew I loved her meant the world to me. When I had asked her if she wanted to marry me I had been scared shitless, not knowing whether she was going to say yes or reject me. Yes she was carrying my child but she had all the power in her hands if she wanted me to be in my child's life. I had some assurance that she would stay with me after everything that we had gone through already. Seeing the worried faces of my family guilt tried to over take me, but I ignored it. I had no reason to feel guilty.

"She has agreed to marry me." I stated simply.

Shouts and whistles erupted from everyone. The little kids jumped up and down and tried to copy the adults actions. Gabriella laughed at their confused expressions. For once I felt in complete bliss. I didn't care if the press found out that we were going to get married. In fact I wanted everyone to know that I finally asked the woman I loved to marry me.

Things were looking up for us and hopefully they stayed like that.

¤ ¤ ¤

4 months later

"DIEGO!" Gabriella shouted from the living room.

"Coming!" I shouted back.

Moving into out new place was a hassle. Gabriella and I had decided that we were going to have to get a new place to call home, for us and our baby.

Gabriella's mood swings whiplashed me all the time, and don't get me started on her crazy cravings. But even through that I loved seeing her grow little by little with our child. Her baby bump was visible now and I took every oppurtunity to touch it. She never complained and we would pass the hours just sitting together admiring our unborn child.

Even though I didn't want her to return to work she stayed stubborn and went back. I also had to return to work to keep my restaurants from crashing. Our wedding was scheduled for next month and Gabriella stressed over the smallest detail, even though her mother and my mother and sisters' took over much of the planning. The magazines and tabloids said my - our wedding was the most anticipated wedding of the year.

Walking down the stairs towards my soon-to-be-wife I halted mid-step.

"What happened?" I asked refuring to the huge mess scatered all over the room.

"I....uh got frustrated?" She said making it sound like a quesion.

"Um okay. What did you need?" I stepped over a broken table leg.

"I'm really wanting some rice with bananas and then pickles with ice-cream for dessert. Can we go over to Rebecca's place I think she had some cookies 'n cream ice-cream last night. Please Diego?!" She rambled.

Pouting a little she walked up to me and encased me in one of her amazing hugs. Pecking her lips lightly I started to move back when her hand forced my head to come back down to her lips.

The kiss was fierce and full of lust and love. Wrapping my arms around her waist I slowly started lowering them down to her bum. Squeezing them lightly I smirked as she moaned loudly.

"AHEM!" A loud annoying clearing of throat interupted our moment.

I stepped back slowly and the look of pure anger filled Gabriella's eyes. I felt bad for whoever decided now was the time to intrude. Looking towards the open door I saw one of my high school friends standing there awkwardly.

"Who the hell do you think you are? ¿Quien te dio permiso de entrar a mi casa? ¿Que no sabes que hay halgo que se llama privasidad? ¡Sabes que, voy a hablar le a la policia!" Gabriella exclaimed while pointing in his direction. (Who gave you permission to enter my house? Do you not know there's something called privacy? You know what I'm calling the police!).

"Gabriella calm down sweetheart!" I massaged her tense shoulders.

I flinched internally when she turned to look at me. Her eyes were blazing with anger.

"Do not tell me to calm down. I am a pregnant woman. Your pregnant fiancée. Right now I am having cravings like a motherfucker and I am horny as hell Diego. So I repeat myself, do not tell me to calm down." She turned around and walked into the ktchen.

I narrowed my eyes at my friend. He looked so guilty that for a moment I actually felt bad, but then again I probably won't get some tonight because of him.

"What do you need Trey?" I asked through clenched teeth.

"Uh congrats on the baby and the girl and I apolygize for intruding but I need to talk to you in private." His tone turned serious.

Without saying anything I headed to my office. Sitting down in the chair behind my desk he closed the door lightly.

"James was killed last night along with his wife and Anna's body was there too. We are assuming that she was the one who killed James' wife and James himself. She had two bullet holes in her chest and they trespassed and came out of her back. We are thinking James killed her before he died." He said without studdering.

"Who saw the bodies?" My tone was cold even to me.

Having to deal with this kind of news was foreign to me. When I was in high school I had been involved in the wrong groups and Trey and James helped me get out but they stayed.

"Stephanie did. She burned the place down. From what I've heard the bodies are nothing but ashes."

Stephanie was only 15! Yet she was already cleaning up a fucking mess her brother could have avoided.

"What about the baby?" I asked suddenly rembering James' four month old baby girl.

"Stephanie has her." Trey rubbed his temples slowly.

"Where is she staying now?"

"With me and my stepson."

"Alright well I think you should go before Gabriella comes in here trying to kill you." I chuckled a little trying to ease the mood.

"She wouldn't actually would she?" He looked concerned.

"I don't know man her hormones are wild right now."

As if on cue Gabriella opened the door and walked over to me while glarring at Trey. Scrambbling to his feet he said his good-byes and left almost running. Laughing loudly I brought Gabriella down onto my lap.

"Diego you better fucking take me right here on this table. I don't give a damn who walks in you better not stop." She joined our lips harshly and wrapped her arms around my neck.

Lifting her up I place her on the table and I showed her just how much I loved her on that table. I'll be damned if someone takes away my desk now.

_________________________________________________________________

Hello beautiful people it has been a while.
Exams are kicking my arse!
Did any of ya'll catch my reference to my other story? No? No? Oh okay....
I posted the prologue and it would mean the world to me if you guys checked it out.
I'll try to update sooner but I make no promises.

·Vote
·Comment
·Follow
·Share