Chapter 9~The Machine

"Let me show you where you'll stay." Confederate said. America was shocked. She never would have thought that she would actually become friends with, one, of her worst enemies. As they stopped shaking, America followed as Confederate led the way over to some barracks. "If you couldn't tell this is an old army camp," Confederate said. She didn't want to give away too many hints so she used the word old. America followed as Confederate showed her to her bunk she would be sleeping on. "This will be where you stay from now on." America nodded her head and threw her bag onto the top bed. She realized that Confederate had already left the barrack and she was alone. Again. She was walking towards the door when another country came in. "Hi I'm Greece!" She said. She held out her hand for America to shake. She gladly took it. "It's nice to finally meet you America. Confederate has told so many thing about you!" America shifted at this, feeling uneasy. They were talking about her here? She brushed it off. "Nice to meet you, Greece." She smiled and the other country smiled back. "There's just one thing you should know about this place...." she said. America was confused and looked at her, waiting for what she would say. "What ever you do, don't let Confederate take you to a machine. Ever. Don't let her sit you in a chair and treat you nicely. Don't believe her lies. She-" she was cut off as Confederate's voice could be heard outside calling everyone back out to the main "field". It was really just a big open area in front of all the barracks, that was just plain dirt. It was clear that the grass had died there long ago. "Listen up everybody!" She said. America and Greece made their way outside and stood in the crowd of other countries. "I want you all to show our new.... guest, exactly what we do here." Everyone turned to America, except for a few people. She blushed lightly, embarrassed at the attention she was receiving. "Dismissed!" Confederate yelled, walking off to a big building that reminded America of the kind of building that general and chiefs go to in army camps. "Let me introduce you to one of my good friends." Greece said, pulling America over to another country. He was pretty tall, about average, and about 1 inch taller than America. "This is Malaysia." Greece said. "How do you do?" Malaysia said, holding out his hand for America to shake. She took it and responded with, "America. Nice to meet you." "Now that we have introduced ourselves, I think it's time to show you what goes on around here America. But first, we are gonna have to change your clothes. Confederate doesn't like it when we don't wear our uniforms." America was confused at this statement but didn't get anytime to think about as Greece and Malaysia were already leading her to another building. "This is where we keep all of our weapons and uniforms." Malaysia said. Weapons? Is this an army camp? What is happening? These were all the thoughts running through America's head. Greece took a good look at America and picked out one of the uniforms. It was, not surprisingly, a camouflage uniform. Just like what she used to where when confederate and her were having a war. She hasn't seen her uniform in years and this one, just so happens, to have her name printed on it. "Confederate said that she knew you were coming," Greece said, snapping America out of her thoughts and memories. "Go put this on. Me and Malaysia will be waiting for you." She didn't argue and took the uniform to the nearest bathroom with her.

When America was done changing and back with Malaysia and Greece, they were talking about all the exercises they do during the day. America was getting bored listening and started day dreaming. She dreamt of her and Russia, how happy they would be together if she wasn't here. How much fun they could have been having today. She felt so bad leaving him. She loved him and never felt like she did enough for him. Especially not now. A whistle blew and everyone immediately went back outside. America followed her new friends.

Greece and Malaysia felt bad for not telling their new friend about what Confederate was going to do to her, but when they were running over to America's bed, it was too late.

(30 minutes earlier)

America was walking back to her barrack when suddenly a hand cupped her mouth with some sort of cloth. She struggled a bit before eventually passing out.

When America woke up she was strapped into a big metal chair with some sort of helmet or device on her head. She looked around, her eyes squinted as she was adjusting to the bright light around her. "Well well Well..." an all too familiar voice called out. "I thought you said I would never catch you again." Confederate said as she stepped out from the shadows and in front of America. "W-what're going to do to me?!" America asked. She was scared. She had been through too many experiences with Confederate. "Oh nothing much, just keeping up my end of the deal." She said. "Deal? What Deal?" America asked, risking ly questioning what the Confederate was saying. "You don't know? Well allow me to inform you," she said as she stepped closer and closer to America. "I made a deal with China. My end of the bargain was to keep you here and control you for the rest of your life, making you forget about everyone you love. Her end, was to bring you to me." America was shocked. She had been double played. "What do you mean make me forget? You can't make me forget anything, that kind of technology doesn't exist." She said courageously. Confederate only grinned, sinisterly, and backed up to a board of some sort with a bunch of buttons. "Are you sure?" She said looking at America seriously. America wasn't able to answer her as she pushed a button and everything went black. Everyone in her memories soon became blurry, then faded. Some of them remained but were really blurry. She couldn't remember anyone's name. Then, everything in her mind was white. She had no memories.

When America woke up, she was sitting in a chair. Where am I? She thought to herself. "Get up." A stern voice said. She couldn't quite tell where it was coming from but she didn't want to anger it. She quickly stood up and took in her surroundings. She could only remember that this was her home, her name was United States of America, she had two good friends Greece and Malaysia, and that Confederate was her master and Chief. Anything she said, America had to obey and do as she was told. America soon realized that the voice was non other than her Master's. "Get back to your barrack!" Her Master barked. She quickly put up her hand, diluting her Chief and said, "Ma'am yes Ma'am." She then scurried away back to her barrack.

Confederate smiles knowing that she had alter America's memory to be only of this place, as if she had lived here for many years. She walked back to her "building", thinking about all the alterations she did. Let's see, she erase everyone she originally knew from her memory and replaced them with people here making Greece and Malaysia her best friends, she alter it so that she knew that she was in an army camp and that she would have to train and fight (especially against other countries), and she made it so that America knew that she was in charge. She smiled at the thought and opened the door to her building, stepping inside and closing off the gateway to be reached by the other countries.

———————————————————————————
Ok, I just have to say, this was very interesting for me to write! I loved writing this chapter and it is soooo much longer than my other ones. Also, the next chapter is kinda sad so be prepared >:)