Prologue

-Norman's POV-

I aimlessly strolled through the constant puddles of ink that encased the area. It's been 30 lengthy and excruciating years since the whole incident that had occurred at the studio. The agony, dread and all the screams rang in my head, but I was used to it at this point. It was a numbing sensation, really. 'What did I do to deserve this?' I would question myself that over and over and over again. I just wanted to know what I did that was so sinful, that it ended in the consequence of nearly ceasing to exist. The light from my projector shone down the inky hallways without fail like it always had. It was nothing state-of-the-art or astonishing, it was just the same shadowy and devastating image that I saw every single moment of my life.

I struggled as I trudged through the thick pitch-black ink. Seeing it made me feel disgusted with myself and everything in this unspeakable cursed studio. I positively despised this place, it was nothing but vicious here, especially with that dreadful demon running around! I couldn't even believe that I once worked for this place! I couldn't believe that I worked for Joey Drew! I sighed with hatred at that name, he's the one that created everything in this unsatisfying studio. I felt anger rise in me and I suddenly started to speed walk down the hallways. 'He lied to me, to Lacie, to Sam-'

I froze in place as I remembered that name...' Sammy...Sammy Lawrence....that was his name' I laughed a little, 'Of course! How could I forget my own brother!' I remembered seeing what happened to him...let's just say that it wasn't a very pleasant sight.

~Flashback~

"And...done!" I sighed with relief as I leaned back into the chair. I had finally finished fixing this aged and rusted projector. I've been meaning to get a more improved one, but so far, I just didn't have the money for it. I sighed at the thought, but right now wasn't a good time to get one, especially with me being in huge debt. I rested my head in my hand while thinking of what to do now. I soon heard a pair of footsteps leading to my door of my office, I turned my head to see who the anonymous person was until a head popped from the side of the door showing that it was none other than Lacie Benton. "Hey!" Lacie said. I smiled knowing that it was just her, "Hey, what's up?" I asked while getting up from my chair.

"Oh nothing much, just trying to catch up on a few things, missing a few days was definitely gonna do some damage." She chuckled a little. I felt my cheeks rose as I heard her adorable laugh. I grabbed her hands and pulled her close, "Well you were sick, what did you think was gonna happen?" I smiled widely at her. I twirled her around while laughing along with her. I wasn't much of a dancer, but I didn't care, all I cared about was spending this time alone with her.

I ended up dipping her, but when she came back up, our faces were nearly touching. I stared into her emerald green eyes while she looked into mine, it felt as if time was slowing down the more I got closer to her. 'Was this really going to happen?' I asked myself. I don't even know why I asked that. We've kissed before, damn we have kids! I guess it's just me being way too flustered. I wanted it to happen so badly until a sudden burst interrupted our moment.

*BANG* *BANG* *BANG*

I quickly let her go without realizing that she would have fallen and ran into the direction of the sound. I ended up catching up with my step-brother Sammy Lawrence who was head of the music department. "What the hell was that?!" I asked him in anger and shock. He shrugged, "I-I don't know! I was just working on some music in my office until I heard a bang!" He said with worry in his icy blue eyes. I was trying to think of the possibilities that could have happened, it then hit me...the pipes. I rushed to the ink machine to see that it was flooded with ink. I gasped in shock, "W-What? I-I don't understand! How could this happen?!" I started to run to the nearest pump control that would stop the overflowing ink.

I saw it right before my eyes, the pump control was right there in plain sight! I felt adrenaline coursing through my veins as I saw the switch right there. I was almost there until a terrible monstrosity being arose before me. I gasped in fear and shock as I recognized this monstrosity as Bendy...Bendy the dancing demon. He growled with anger as it saw me, I was so stunned that I couldn't move. He hissed at me as he soon began to walk towards me, I finally got control of myself and started to run the opposite direction. Either way, it was no use, I ended up tripping on a wooden plank and landed straight into the ink...and then everything...went...black...

I woke up with a severe headache, I tried to scream for help, but nothing came out...I was mute. I sat up and looked at my surroundings. Everywhere I looked, there was a light, as I tried to look for the source of the gleaming rays, I soon realized...that the source was coming from me. I looked down at myself in shock, I was covered head to toe in ink. I put my hands to my head from panic, only to feel not my head, but a projector. I felt like screaming, but I couldn't because I was mute. The only thing that could really produce sound was the little speaker on my chest, but it only emitted small sounds like groans as far as I was aware.

I couldn't believe that I was like this, I already knew the one to blame here is Joey Drew. He's been acting strange, like constantly going to the ink machine, and making us make recordings with a tape recorder. I should have know that he was up to something! My thoughts faded as I heard a voice. "Sheep, sheep, sheep. It's time for sleep." The voice said. It sounded very familiar but I just couldn't put my finger on it. "Rest your head, it's time for bed." The unknown voice said again. It then clicked, 'S-Sammy?' I thought, 'Sammy!' I got up off the ground in excitement, until I realized that I couldn't speak. 'How was I going to communicate with him? How was I going to communicate with anyone?' I sighed at the thoughts.

'It's probably best if he doesn't know I'm here' I thought. I ended up finding myself walking aimlessly around the studio. As I walked I saw a man covered in ink with overalls and a Bendy mask walk past me. 'Was that Sammy? Did he even see me?' I thought to myself, I shrugged it off and continued to stroll. It felt like hours of walking until a small inky creature jumped in front of me scaring me to death, but once it saw me, it groaned and went back into the puddles. 'Weird' I thought. I soon found a lift that went down to level 14. I sighed, level 14 was the lowest level, it could keep me away from the demon, the creatures, and...and Sammy....I got in and pressed the button that descended me down into the deepest, darkest place of the studio.

I got out of the lift to see a pool of ink covering the entire area. I was astonished of the inky covered area, I went down the steps that led to the actual place. I looked at the place while walking through the constant globs of ink. My final decision was to stay in the area so I could be away from everyone else...this was now...my new home....

~End Of Flashback~

I remember Sammy constantly asking me about the past, but it was just something that I couldn't tell him. So much pain and hate. Sammy doesn't need to know about the past. I sighed as I continued my endless journey that had no goal or achievements in the end. I was so used to walking in ink that I nearly missed the small wooden feeling under my foot. I stopped as I looked down to pick up the unknown item. I held it up close to get a closer image...until...I realized it was Sammy's mask...I felt my heart sink as I remembered leaving him in danger instead of looking for him. I brushed it off as I set the mask aside. 'I know I'll see him again...but for now... it's best to stay hidden...

......and away from my lost brother.....'