After All, He is a Sweetheart

Lucas's Pov

((I forgot to mention he also works at an animal grooming shop))

"Lucas! Your late?" Link asked, his blonde hair slightly messy. I bit my lip and nodded. Link not a bad guy or anything. I just really hate being late. It makes me feel weird and Aakward...don't ask why.

I felt my stomach fill with dread as I walked up to Link. He kinda runs this shop. No surprise, he loves animals. Anyway, he would get super upset every time I was late. Although I'm not late often, he still gets upset. Probably because I'm the only one here who try's. All well.

I put my head down, knowing what was going to happen next. I waited for my lecture to come as always. But for some reason, he didn't say anything. Surprised I looked up at him. He had his arms crossed but, his eyes were facing a different direction. I turned to the direction he was looking at.

Zelda.

Yep! If you were to look at the main window of the store, you can see that pretty hylian girl. Just laughing with Lucina. They probably were making fun of boys or something.

I smirked and looked at Link, my eyes gleaming with curiosity. "You like her don't you?"  I asked in a sly tone. He turned to me, his face turning a hot red, and said, "N-NO! Why would you s-say that. She's just-"

I cut him off

"She's just your girlfriend?"

He blushed even more.

"NO!"

"I don't believe you. Spill it boy! You have the hots for Zelda don't touch?!"

He looked around and covered my mouth. He then turned towards me. "Shut up," he hissed. I giggled. Sometimes, it's so easy to tease Link.

"Anyway...we should...no...YOU should get to work," he said sternly. I nodded and put on my apron. I walked up to the customer waiting. The women politely gave me their dog. I stared at it for a while. A Bearded Collie. Yeah, we get the kinds of dogs a lot. I told the women she'd only had to wait for at least 0 minutes tops. With that, I went to the back to groom the lovely dog.

"So I see your still doing it," Link said with a concerted voice. I put the dog done on the table and filled the sink with warm, soapy water.  "Doing what?" I replied while gently placing the dog in the sink. He walked towards me and grabbed my wrist. He then pulled down my sleeves.

Crap...

"That," he said while pointing at my...cuts. I pulled my wrist away and began to wash the dog silently. He frowned.

"Lucas...has everything been alright?" He asked in a concerned voice. If he wants me to be honest, things have been shit lately. All I've been able to think of is work. It's beginning to make me depressed. On top of that, my disorders are getting worse and I'm unable to get my medication until next week. It's stressing me out...a lot. So I've been...punishing myself every time I do something wrong. One of the joys of being me.

"Lucas! You can't keep this up! You need to talk to somebody!" He exclaimed. Rolling my eyes, I turned to him. "Shut up," I hissed,"You don't understand do you?" He furrowed his brow and crossed his arms. "Mind you, I've felt the same as you once."

"Sure you have. Then you know what it's like to be piled with stress and depressive thoughts?"

"Surprisingly, yes. Listen...what your doing-"

"Let me guess, what I'm doing won't help right?"

"Yes!"

I clenched my shirt.

"Well let me tell you something, Link! I've tried every possible option there is to help me! But they all result to on thing. Failure. Every time I try to fix this, something goes wrong! I'm tired of-"

He snapped.

"Then talk to someone!"

"Link! I've already tried that. But, instead I have to talk to myself! Because talking to 🕑doctors doesn't help!"

We fell silent. All that. We could hear was tiny whines from the dog and dripping water. I turned to continue bathing the poor dog.

"Ok..." Link mumbled. He walked off to go help others who were waiting. I sighed and held back tears. I shouldn't have snapped at him like that. He was just trying to help. Jeez what's wrong with me.

~🌻🕑Time Skip🕑🌻~

I walked out the door with my bag in my hand. I sighed and turned to shut it.

"Lucas! Wait!"

I turned back around to look at Link walking towards me. He placed his on my shoulder and said,"I'm sorry. Your right. I don't know entirely how you feel. But, at least let me try and help you." I nodded slowly and he smiled. Quickly he gave me a paper and walked back in to finish closing the shop. "Call me if your feeling down," he said in a gentle voice. I looked at the paper and back to him. "Ok...I will," I said. He nodded.

With that, I closed the door and walked to my car. God. He really is a sweetheart. I hope we become better friends.