To Have Hope, One Must Have Fear

Kirby's Pov 

He seems happy...

I noticed that Lucas's mood changed as soon as Ness arrived. He looks...happier. Maybe this is the part of his life that he told me he was missing. That comfort, reassurance, hope, and strength he was missing. Guess that's it then. 

I frowned as the 3 were talking. I looked down at the ground, my eyes dulled in fear. Fear that something bad was going to happen. Fear that Lucas's light would fail. Fear that Ness did have enough strength to protect him from whatever might happen. Fear that my...my dream... was going to come true. 

They'll die.. 

My eyes widened and I shook my head. I shouldn't think like that. I should have faith. Not just in Lucas but Ness too! I shouldn't think like they're going to die or something. I...well...fu-

"Kirby you good?"

I looked up at Lucas, a concern look on his face. I smiled and said, "Yeah." He raised his eyebrow as if he didn't believe me. I made my smile bigger just to reassure him. He frowned and looked back at Claus and Ness. He was never one to keep pushing an issue. He always just left it at that until I was ready to talk about it. 

I starred at the ground for a while and slapped my face twice. I put a smile on and joined their conversation, trying to make sure I act normal. I just don't want them to worry nor do I want them knowing I'm in doubt. I've always been the happier one so I have to keep it that way. 

"Soooo, when is Ninten going to get here?" I asked. Lucas looked at me and said, "He's going to meet us at the spot." I nodded happily. Lucas grinned and lightly punched my shoulder. I giggled.

Do you really think they'll be ok? 

No...

And you'll let them die?

I...don't know...

Well, all you can do is hope.

Yeah...

"So how stupid where you while we were gone?" Claus asked. Ness looked at him like he was stupid and said, "I dunno, how stupid where you?" They both starred at each other for a long time and then started laughing. Lucas giggled a little as did I. 

"They are such idiots aren't they?" Lucas asked me. "Yeah!" I exclaimed while laughing. Lucas grinned and opened the door for us. "Hey!" Claus said while looking at me. I shrugged my shoulders and laughed. As we walked out, Ness asked, "Are we taking my car our yours?" Lucas told him they could take his. 

As we walked towards his car, Claus got a call. "It's probably Ninten." He grabbed his phone and answered the call. Once we approached the call, I heard Claus say something. Me, Lucas, and Ness got in the car. 

"WHO THE HELL IS THIS?!" Claus yelled as he got in the car. We all turned our attention towards him. I began to feel a sudden dread come over me as we waited for him to say something else. 

"WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO NINTEN?!" He yelled. My eyes widened with fear as I leaned in closer to hear the conversation better. 

"Just listen very carefully," said the guy, "If your not over at this café in 20 minutes, I'll slit his throat. You may only bring the boy named Lucas. If there is anyone else besides you two, I'll see to it you all die." The man suddenly hung up. Claus exchanged a worried look with Lucas. 

Shit..

"What are we going to do?" Ness asked in a shaky voice. Claus looked down at his feet and clenched his phone. "We have to go," he said clearly scared. Lucas's eyes widened as he said, "What if something were to happen to you?" Claus looked at him angrily. "We can't just stand here and do nothing! Either way they want you too!" 

"So what? I'll go alone then." 

Claus grabbed Lucas's arm. 

"You can't do that."

Lucas gave him an angry look. 

"Why not?!" 

"BECAUSE I DON'T WANNA LOSE YOU IDIOT AND NETHIER DOES NESS!"

Just as Lucas was about to say something, Ness yelled, "SHUT UP!" They both looked at Ness in the back seat. "You aren't going with him and Ninten isn't going to die!" Ness yelled. Claus angrily slammed his hand on the center console and yelled, "Then what are we going to do?" Ness cooled off and grabbed Claus's shoulder. 

"I have a plan..."