Vacation Collection

My third collection of poems came about in early to mid August, during a vacation I took with my family. Whether it was the long road trip, the cooler air, or relief at finishing my summer semester, my inspiration stayed with me a little longer. I didn't have time to write many poems; this collection, again, has only six works in it. Being on vacation is surprisingly hard work, and so my free time was mostly confined to the long drive times on either end of the trip. 

I can still smile at my notebook, seeing how sloppy my writing was after bouncing down a highway. Still, this collection is special to me because it's much further emotionally removed from my initial breakup pain. By this point, I had obviously begun to move on from wallowing in self-pity. Once the more acrid heartbreak sloughed off, though, I realized I was left with a deeper and subtler emotional ache. It was hard to pin down, and could not make me cry, but the more wistful pieces of my mind would still return to mental paths I'd beat a hundred times. This collection reflects some of that mental process, as these poems are a bit more wistful and dreamy, with some deep-seated loss and insecurity at the bottom. This is my second-favorite collection of my own poems, and I hope you enjoy it as well.