Chapter 5:Explanations

Agent 3's pov
After climbing back down, I picked up my heroshot before walking out to see what the others were doing.

".... impossible for TarTar to do this alone. Has to be someone else." Marina was saying. I looked at the problem and it was that a giant hole, around 5m radius, tore away the railway. It looked like a magnet ripped it away but the other rails looked almost unaffected.

"It looks like TarTar ripped it away with a magnet, what do you mean?" I said, out of the blue. They jumped and turned to me. Pearl glared at me while Marina just looked back at the hole.

"Not really. The other rails would have been raised by the magnet but they look fine and the hole is too clean to be just a magnet."

"So? He could've used lasers to cut through it." I said pointing it out.

"But the cracks are look more like they were eaten away by some sort of acid. If TarTar was an octoling or an inkling, it would make sense, with the right access to chemicals. But TarTar himself can't take a splattershot and blast some acid. He has no arms. The way the acid has eaten away into the ground is kinda familiar. I think I have seen something like this before." Marina explains. Her face turned into a discomforted frown. I look around, the only thing I could see was darkness. Pitch black. I went back to C-Cumber and asked for a light of some sort and if possible a map. He gave me a device with a small but powerful torch and it had a model of the subway. I just had to press on the button on the top to do so. The bottom was for the light. The middle would send a signal to Cap'n Cuttlefish who would send down Omega to help us out. I went back to the hole and saw Marina had crossed to the crevice. I wondered in awe on how she did it. Then I looked at the hole. At the sides of the hole, I could see a few chunks of rock. I realised she used them as foot pedestals. I jumped on them to the other side. Now Pearl was left. She jumped and yelped. Her foot got twisted to one side. The ledge she landed on cracked and she jumped on another, before letting out a gasp of pain. Then she jumped onto our side but she stumbled onto me and we both fell over. Her face was now an inch away from mine and I could feel her breath caressing my face like a cool summer's breeze. Then we scooted away from each other, our faces flushed. Marina giggled a bit before controlling herself. I smiled sheepishly before we picked ourselves up. Pearl winced a bit while trying to stand. Then she noticed my look and glared at me.

"I'm fine." She snapped. Then, with a little limping, we set off into the darkness.

Yo it your boi Agent_I. It has been a while. I will not be writing due to exams so do not expect much but thanks for reading and enjoy. This is Agent_I signing out.