Chapter 4

TW: Mentions of sex (nothing detailed just mentions), censored swears

The next week

"Do you have to go?" She pouted, hugging him tightly

He chuckled lightly. "I'm afraid I do. As much as I'd love to spend all my time looking after you, I do have a job to do as well"

"Please don't go" She pleaded, giving him puppy dog eyes.

"Oh please don't give me that cute look" He playfully rolled his eyes before kissing her forehead. "I'll be back soon, I promise" And with that he gently pried her arms off of him and left.

She huffed and crossed her arms as she flopped down onto the bed. Missing him already, she stared blankly at the ceiling waiting for his return. She loved him. There was no doubt about it. But how and why? She barely knew him. And she wasn't one to believe in love at first sight. Yet there was something different about him. Something unusual and enticing. And she could help but feel her heart flutter at just the thought of him.

Suddenly, the door flung open and she jolted up, a hopeful smile on her face, thinking it was Deceit. However, her heart sank and her eyebrows furrowed when she instead saw a stranger. Yet he seemed familiar. He looked similar to Deceit except he had a moustache resting on his lips and no half snake face. His outfit was far more extravagant and extra than Deceit's: a shimmering dark black prince's outfit lined with silky green fabric.

"Who are you?" She asked suspiciously, eying him up and down.

"I might ask you the same question" He crossed his arms and raised an eyebrow.

"I'm Y/N" She snapped. "And who are you?"

"They call me the duke" He said grandly with a bow. "But you could call me by my real name. Remus" He grandly rolled his rs.

"Remus huh? What are you doing here?"

"Looking for snakey. You haven't seen him have you?" He asked.

"If you're talking about Deceit, he just left. Something about doing a job. I don't quite know" She shrugged.

"Right" He raised an eyebrow. "And what are you doing in his bed. You two haven't been f***ing have you?"

"Ew no" She grimaced "Why would you think that? We've only been together a week. I'm his girlfriend" She announced with a proud grin.

Remus's eyes widened at this. "Girlfriend?! But I thought he liked me! We are f*** buddies"

"What is it and your obsession with sex?" She huffed.

He growled and ran towards her, holding a knife to her throat, making her immediately gasp and stare at him with slight fear in her eyes. "Listen Y/N! Stay away from my snake or else!" He threatened.

She let out a small chuckle, not particularly intimidated. "Or else what?"

"Well let's just say the ending won't be pretty" He grinned wickedly.

She just smirked before grabbing the knife and holding it to his throat. "I think you misunderstood me. I may be a girl but I've been fending for myself my whole life. I know how to defend myself. I'm stronger than I look"

He stepped back and clapped slowly. "Fair play Y/N. Fair play. But this isn't the last you've seen of me" And with that, he vanished.