Chapter 5

She watched the strange goblin man leave with a sigh of relief. Though she had to wonder, why did he look so much like her lover? Was it her mind playing tricks on her? Or was it something else? Curiosity devoured her mind, eating at her soul so much that she had no choice but to give in and investigate. She stood to her feet and decided to head downstairs. De may have told her to stay in the room but it's not like he would notice, right?

Inhaling a deep breath, her hand reached towards the door handle and she opened it. As soon as she stepped outside, a wave of noises hit her like a tornado. All she could hear was voices yelling at each other but was unable to make out what any of them were saying. It was all a jumble of words filled with anger. She was able to pick out Deceit's voice from the whirlwind of voices; his voice was the loudest. Smiling a little to herself, she stepped closer towards the source of the noise and found herself standing behind the bannister. Curiously, she peered over at the floor beneath her.

She was hardly able to comprehend what she saw.

A group of men stood in the living room, arguing with each other. The strange thing was though, they all looked exactly the same! How was that possible? They couldn't all be related, could they? There were about five of them there, including her lover. The weird goblin man wasn't anywhere to be seen for some odd reason. Did that mean there could be more? This was all so confusing to her.

Squinting her eyes, she took a closer look at all the men in the living room. Deceit was stood in front of the grey curtains, clearly getting frustrated with everyone else. He was shaking his head, huffing and puffing. She admired his smooth scales and perfectly placed bowler hat for a few moments before her eyes wandered towards the man stood in front of the TV. He was wearing a pure white prince outfit laced with gold and a blood red sash to finish it off. His hair was perfectly groomed and he was using extravagant gestures. She rolled her eyes slightly at how extra he seemed. He was mainly arguing with the man on the stairs, who had a more hunched posture. His clothes were a lot darker than the prince's and he wore a dark purple hand sewn hoodie. It was way more her style. His hair covered his dark eyes which had deep black bags beneath them. Beside this angsty looking man stood a man who wore a smarter selection of clothes. His outfit seemed the simplest: a black t shirt with a deep blue tie. Unlike any of the others, he wore black rimmed glasses which he adjusted with a sigh. The last man she noticed looked the most normal. He seemed tired and stressed, probably due to all the arguing. He stood in front of the sofas, his head in his hands as he sighed deeply.

As she continued to watch the scene below her, she noticed Deceit's eyes wander to her. His expression immediately turned more angry, if that was possible. She let out a small gasp, her heart beating outside her chest. She'd been caught. She quickly ran back to his room and shut the door behind her before anyone else saw her. Leaning her back against the door, she took some deep breaths and slid down it, pulling her knees to her chest. 

She was in trouble now.