Tears In The Rain

Harry was walking along the dark corridors of Hogwarts, lite by only the moonlight and candles burning along the walls, with a fast pace. He was going straight to Draco.

Wait......Harry stopped in his tracks and walked back a few paces to the glass case along the wall containing some trophy's.

He reached up and attempted to fix the hopeless mop on top of his head. It was useless.

Giving upon his appearance, Harry continued on his path towards the Potions classroom witch was connected to Draco's office.

As he reached the door he contemplated whether to knock or simply walk in. He opted for just walking in. Not knowing if Draco was actually in his classroom or office.

Harry pushed open the dark oak wood doors and entered with slow cautious strides.

The room was just as he remembered it. Rows of large tables covered in various flask, metal contraptions and a few scattered cauldrons. Cabinets lined up against the cracked stone walls.

It was lite only by the moonlight shining through the high windows. Lamps were scattered around producing daunting shadows across the large room. He looked toward the desk and saw him, and begun slowly stepping closer and closer. Draco was hunched over, quill in hand scribbling away on parchment. He looked content.

Harry was surprised draco didn't notice him before he got this close. The lighting from the door had crept in when he had opened the door and the great hinged creeped loudly.

Harry had crosses half way across the room when he stooped, afraid to go any further. Draco was so emerged in his work he still didn't notice Harry.

"Draco?" Harry asked, attempting to gain the blondes attention.

He had abruptly stopped moving his quill and paused. Harry waited for him to look up but he seemed to carry on, head down, as if he didn't hear his name was called out.

"What may I help you will at this hour?"

Harry stoped for ward closer to Draco. "I wanted to talk."

Draco stopped working and looked up at Harry. "That might be a good idea."        

Draco stood up and walked to the front of his desk, down the raised platform and stood right in front of Harry, looking down at the shorter man. They stared at each other waiting for the other to start, to afraid to begin speaking them selves.

"Why did you leave?" Harry asked nervously.

Draco was taken aback by the sudden question.

"I-I couldn't take it. You know what it was like," Draco stared at Harry, desperately wishing for him to understand, "the looks and the ridicule. You were never there when people push me up against the walls shouting at me, spitting in disgust, when people beet me on the streets. I was alone, or at least it felt that way."

"You know how hard it was for me as well, I thought we could get through out together, but you up and left. You cold have talked to me, not hide away and close your self off."

"You could never know what its like to be me, you The-Boy-Who lived, how could you possible know what its like to have everyone in the entire Wizarding world hate you. Afraid of you!"

"I tried, I really did, but you never let me in."

Harry began to turn away. Draco reached out for Harry and took his wrist in his hand.

He jerked his wrist away from Draco and stared at him.

"Harry I-I.." His apology was cut short by Harry fleeing from the room. After a few seconds Draco composed himself and began to run after Harry and into the spitting sky.

They ended up at the base of the tree that Draco had been turned into a ferret by 'Mad-eye Moody' all those years ago. Where draco had taunted Harry. Where they shared their first kiss.

"Leave me alone!" Harry turned toward Draco and pushed him backwards.

Draco pushed forward "I'm sorry!" His tears treating to fall, but even if he let them the increasing pour of rain hitting their heads would cover them.

"YOU LEFT ME, DRACO." Harry had finally broken down after holding in for so long. His knees growing weaker and threatening to collapse from out under him.

"I'm sorry."

Harry lunged for Draco and held him tight while sobbing uncontrollably. Draco was surprised at the sudden show of affection from Harry, but slowly eased into the embrace.

"I'm so sorry Harry. I promise I'll never leave you, ever again." Draco Held him tighter, but Harry began to pull away.

"Promise?" Harry said looking into the silver eyes of the man he loved.

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

"Promise"

Then their lips collided, holding each other as close as they could.

And it would be like this till the day they died.

———————————————————————————————————————————

Thank you for reading!
Hope you liked the ending and comment if you might want a sequel. Probably will focus more on my other planned fanfic at the moment though.

Comment and vote💕
(845 words)