5: Hurt

As soon as the black masked assassin got close and slashed his sword, Wang Lang Zhen avoided the sword and moved me behind him towards the corner, "Hua Hua, don't be afraid. I will protect you"
He took out a long sword made out of long jade from thin air and skilfully returned the attack back to assassins. He moved so fast and powerfully killed them with a single slash of sword for each.
Only one assassin left and that guy shot a sharp arrow dart towards me. "Ahhh..." I ducked down and covered my head with shaking hands. There was no pain nor no dart. I opened my eyes and saw Wang Lang Zhen above me with blood on his arm. 'He got shot!'
"How dare you try to hurt her?" Said Wang angrily and rushed toward the assassin to stab his stomach. "Ommmpss..." The assassin could not avoid the sword at all and it went though his body. Wang took out the sword and slashed him again on the neck. With no doubt, the assassin took his last breath.
"Wang.. Wang..." I stuttered as I'm shocked looking at this traumatic scene. I have never seen people dying like this except on movies. Wang looked so scary and evil with blood on his sword and bloody red eyes. But then I noticed his injury on the arm from protecting me. I ran up to him, grabbed his arm and looked at wound with concern.
"Is it very painful?" I asked Wang. The slashed wound looked horrible with dark blood seeping out. Dark blood?
"You are poisoned?" I asked him worriedly. He fell down on his knees. " It doesn't matter. Just a small wound. Let's go away from this place. It's not safe here." Wang said with gritted teeth. 'He must be in pain but enduring it'
I held on to his arm and tried to support him so that he could stand up again. He pressed his sword on the floor and got up.
We went out through the huge hole in the world and flew back to my room.
As soon as we stepped inside, Wang fell down. "Hey.. hey.. are you ok? Don't scare me..." I said while holding his arm.
"Don't worry, Hua Hua. I just need to get rid of the poison with my inner power. It will take some time. Will you help me move to the bed?"
I nodded and supported him towards the bed. He leaned on the pillow that I put up against the bed rest and took out a bottle and some small white sheets.
"Can you aid my wound?" He asked me while holding the medicine toward me.
I took them and placed it on the table. Then, turned to the shower room to get some water in a large bowl to clean the wound.
I carefully lifted his hand and wiped his wound with wet cloth. Then I applied the white powder medicine from the bottle he gave me and bandaged the wound. He seemed to be in pain judging from his expressions and cold sweat on his forehead but he did not make a sound.
After I finished bandaging, I put his hand back on the bed. "Thank you, my love. It will take me some time to get better. Don't worry." Wang said softly trying to bear the pain and poison inside his body.
"What my love? I'm not your lover. You just rest and do whatever magical stuff you usually do to get better fast. I have many questions to ask you." I told him while carrying the bowl back to the shower.
'Who are those assassins? Why do they want to kill me? Wang seemed very powerful yet he forgot to be cautious when I was in danger and got shot instead. Was he telling the truth about my identity? Was he worried about me that much?', With many questions in mind, I decided to look after him while he was recovering. 'He doesn't seem so bad after all'....