15: Romantic getaway or fleeing for life

Wang Zheng Lan swiftly reached to the roof of the building opposite of the secret room. There were guards standing in front of the door and some guards were patrolling around the area keeping the guests away from the room. 
'According to Xiao Fu's information, this is the right place. I need someone to distract the guards,' Wang Zheng Lan thought. He sent a mental message to Wang Qi to come to the place and talk to the guards.
Meanwhile on the stage, Shen Yu Lin was performing her instrumental skills and Madam Chen favoured it very much. As Yu Lin was known for her lady like skills and good virtue, Madam Chen proposed the Shen family that her  second son and Yu Lin should marry. The Shen Madam was delighted as Chen family was a powerful family and verbally agreed to it.
After the performance, Hua Hua looked over to where the princes were sitting to see if Wang Zheng Lan enjoyed the performance or not but she couldn't find him. At the same time, she saw Wang Qi leaving the seat. So she followed him to ask where Wang Zheng Lan was.

Near the secret room, Wang Zheng Lan could see Wang Qi asking the the guards about the direction to the rest room and taking the chance of distraction, he slipped into the secret room through rooftop by removing the roof tiles covering the ventilation hole. Without his knowledge, Hua Hua following Wang Qi saw a shadow flying on to the rooftop. To satisfy her curiosity, Hua Hua secretively followed the shadow.
Inside the room, Wang Zheng Lan saw that everything looked ordinary with book shelves, some chests, tables and chairs and a huge mirror. As he had got no time, he used his magic to see through the objects in the room like an x-ray vision. He could not find anything suspicious except the only place his vision could not go through, the mirror. So he checked behind the mirror and saw a hidden small chest with a letter and some pill bottles. While he was reading the content, minister Chen was at the front of the room making his way inside.
Seeing minister Chen, Hua Hua looking through the rooftop hole climbed down and grabbed Wang Zheng Lan back up to the top, whispering quickly, " Minister Chen is here."
Fortunately, as minister Chen got inside, both of them were safely up the rooftop and covering back the tiles. Unluckily, one of the tiles made a noise making Minister Chen looked up and noticed some movements. He immediately shouted, "Guards, there's an intruder at the rooftop! Go and catch!"
Hearing this, the guards climbed up the roof and saw the two figures already flying far away. "Catch them!!!" The leading guard shouted and flied after them.
The minister Chen looked around the room to see if anything was amiss and saw that a letter and one of the pills were missing from his hidden chest. 'How dare you to steal from here.' He thought and brainstormed as to who and why would they looked for his secret poison pills that only a few people would knew of.
.......................
After some time of fleeing from the guards , the prince and Hua Hua decided to hide in a storage warehouse of someone's manor. Too many guards were outside looking for the intruders making it hard for them to fly in the open. And they were not sure if the guards saw their clothes and appearances. Hua Hua peeped through the hole in the window and told the prince, " I think we would need to hide here for a while until the guards are gone. Why were you in the room?" She asked and turned around to look at his face. Only then they noticed that they were holding each other hands tightly and they awkwardly let go of each other hands immediately. "Ahem.. I was there to investigate something related to official Zhao's case. Why were you there? It was dangerous for you to tag along." Wang Zheng Lan told her worriedly.
"I was looking for you and saw a shadow that looked like you. So I followed. How am I supposed to know you were doing something risky." Hua Hua retorted back.
"You.." 'This fearless stubborn girl' The prince thought and said "Anyway, I will get you back to your home safely. Let's go find some clothes at hanging line in the yard to change our appearances to get out."
"Alright. So what did you find in that room? I saw you reading a letter. What you told me before about official Zhao's case was not entire truth, right? I knew there would be more behind." Hua Hua curiously asked. The prince did not answer and just gave her the pink clothes to change into. The house must be rich as the clothes were made of good quality silk. He also took a outer layer grey jacket for himself and left some silver for the clothes he took.
While they were changing into the new outerwear, he heard the guards knocking the main gate of the house. He quickly assisted Hua Hua in tying the ties and said, "Trust me and follow my lead." He grabbed her hand and climbed out of the house wall. Then, he pushed her against the wall and hugged her. Hearing some noise, the guards followed the noise and saw a couple hugging and behaving indecently as the guy outer layer was not properly worn.
"Who are you? Show me your face!" The guard ordered.
Wang Zheng Lan pretended to bite and kiss Hua Hua's neck and replied with an annoyed expression, "How dare you disturbed my pleasurable time with my lover?" He turned around hugging Hua Hua by the waist and hiding her face in his chest.
The head guard who immediately recognised the 3rd prince kneeled down, "Forgive me for the disturbance, your highness. We are looking for intruders to the minister Chen's house. You can continue. We will leave." The guard apologised and lead his group away. Wang Zheng Lan continued his act again by hugging Hua Hua and kissing her cheek. As he was certain that the guards were completely gone, he let her go and said "Sorry for my indecent acts. Let's get you home."
Hua Hua could not reply as her face was blushing and her heart beating loudly. All she could think of was how good he smelled when he was close and how warm it felt when he was hugging her. As the prince heard no reply from usual chatty Hua Hua, he looked at her and asked while touching her forehead, "Are you alright? You look quite red. Have you got a fever?"
"I..I am ok.. just feeling tired from today's event." Hua Hua stuttered.
"Huh..." She let out a surprised noise as the prince picked her up and carried her princess style. "Since you are tired, I will carry you home." He said with a hinge of concern in his voice. Hua Hua blushed harder and hid her face in his neck.....
................
Chen Residence
"Please forgive your useless guard, we could not catch the intruders. They suddenly disappeared while we were following them" the head guard reported to the minister.
"What nonsense??? How could they turn into thin air and disappear?" Minister Chen shouted angrily.
"We checked everyone in the area. There was no one suspicious. We even made the third prince upset by disturbing him." The guard informed.
"The third prince? What was he doing? Shouldn't he be enjoying the feast at the celebration?"
"Sorry for my rudeness, my lord. He was enjoying his intimate time with his lover." The guard replied.
"His lover? Who is it? I don't know any girl that the cold prince is interested in. I don't associate the third prince as womaniser either."
" We could not see her face as he was hugging her and hiding her face in his chest."
"Humm... interesting... so the intruder didn't disappear into thin air after all." The Minister thought cunningly.
"What do you mean, my lord?"
"It's likely that the third prince is gonna be my opponent. Monitor his action more closely from now on!"
"Yes, sir" the guard replied and got out.
..........