A glimpse of rage

The Queen laughs showing off her 'toothpaste companies beg me to be their model' smile and said, "It means you are unique even among the guardians, not every guardian or protector whatever you want to call them has two sources. It rarely happens and the person who has that kind of power is born when the world is on verge of destruction. In other words, you were born to protect our worlds and you had to pay a price to have these powers because the universe has a way of explaining things and the universe is trying to explain you that no matter how powerful you are there will always be an empty space in your heart. It is trying to explain to you that no matter how strong you become you will still have weak spots and that no matter how much you think of conquering death it will remain unconquered."

Ok, wow, that was a lot to take in.

The word death still leaves a sour taste in my mouth, and I try not to show my discomfort and scratch the back of my neck and in an attempt to divert my mind by saying something stupid. "I cannot even save my reputation by catching a key that someone throws my way how am I supposed to save the world?"

The Queen barks out a laugh and shakes her head clearly amused, well at least someone is entertained by my stupidity.

Mr. Instructor smiles kindly and said, "You were meant to do great things, Maya, and I hope that I could be a small part of your journey."

All I want to say is that, hey, I hope I don't disappoint you just like I disappointed every single person in my life, but what I actually said is something like, "don't tell me the journey consists of holding hands while everything starts spinning."

Which is actually a good question because I do not, I repeat I do not want to travel like that ever again.

"Is it ok if I don't tell you and write it down instead?" he replies playfully.

I think I am a bad influence for them because my sarcasm is influencing angels and demons alike.

Yay life.

"So, what powers do I have?" I question looking at both of them one at a time.

Mr. instructor excuses himself saying that I would soon find out who my other source is. I hope it doesn't turn out to be my stupid imagination leaving me to apologize for wasting their time and dying of embarrassment.

"Didn't enjoy your ride, huh?" the Queen inquired raising her eyebrows.

I smiled awkwardly looking sheepish, "Spinning isn't exactly my idea of fun."

She smirked and replied, "You will get used to it."

But I don't want to.

Mr. Instructor returns from his little trip with a lot of people which I assume are his people, err—I mean angels. He gives me a small encouraging smile and motions for me to come forward. I do as he says and give him a confused look because guess what your girl can't raise a single eyebrow which is an easier way of asking, well? Would you mind opening your mouth to explain what on earth is going on?

He turns his back to address the angels, "Our worlds are in grave danger my dear angels, this young lady is our only chance of survival, she is our protector who owns great powers which are yet to be determined, she has suffered a lot to have this gift so we all must respect her for that."

He then turns to me and said, "Today we are gathered here to find her other source of power, which as you all may have guessed by now is an angel."

Wow, this guy really has a velvety silky royal feel in his booming voice.

Every single eye is on me which unsettles me because I am not used to attention. I suppress my natural instinct to say something stupid to calm my nerves. "And in order to find that angel you need to identify what made you draw power from the Queen yesterday?"

I gulp and close my eyes for a second in order to compose myself and I finally said, "I felt angry, I guess."

He nods in reply, "Remember everything you told me, feel that ugly rage that's pulsing through your veins."

I give him the best death glare humanly possible, hoping that he would shriek and apologize for asking me to remember their death. But of course, that doesn't happen.

I close my eyes cursing myself for not scaring him away. I try to remember the time when I used to beg them to stop, crying because everything used to hurt. I try to remember their animalistic looks when they tortured me emotionally, physically and mentally.

I recall the times when I cried myself to sleep and the times when I woke up after having a nightmare crying helplessly hoping that someone would come to make it ok, but no one came. I try to remember the times when I saw my mother's bruises, the way she suffered because of me. I try to remember the times when my aunts used to taunt me by telling me that my father didn't want me, that I was a burden and that I was the reason my mother was crying. I remember every time I was bullied, betrayed and used, and lastly, I recall the night when I lost all I ever had, I see their faces as if they were carved in my brain forever.

I feel something in my body but I don't open my eyes the rage takes full control of me, my body tingled but I didn't stop, I couldn't stop, I don't have any control on my rage it fills me it runs in me, it is me.

I hear a few gasps but I don't pay attention, I can't pay attention to anything except my rage. I feel so angry that I want to weep on the ground and bleed myself to death until nothing of me and that murderer remains. I want to kill him in the most torturous way possible and then kill myself to be with my parents.

Someone shakes my shoulders and then my body goes numb.         

.

.

.

A/N:- If you enjoyed reading this story please give it a try, as it is now PUBLISHED ON AMAZON.

Your support will never be forgotten.

Thanks for reading.