A Rough Night (1)

Another chapter! Hope you enjoy! :)

        -Kate's POV-

        Finally, it's time for maternity leaving. I'm going to off from my duties for a whole three months! Rick and I are planning to go to the Hamptons about two weeks after I give birth. Right now, I'm just finished my last paperwork of the day. The last thing I need to do is just see the Captain to report all of my behind-the-desk work. We'll celebrating it tonight with Kevin-Jenny, Espo-Lanie. It will be a very amazing night. I really can't wait.

        As I humming, I knocked to Gates office. "Sir."

        "Yes, Detective Beckett. Have you done all of your paperworks?" asked Gates. She looks like she has a very good mood today.

        I smile widely. "Yes, sir. And I'm ready to take my maternity leaving, starting tomorrow."

        "Okay then, you just need to sign some files for me. Here you go," said Gates, handing me some papers (again.) "You'll come back in mid-January, right?" 

        "Yes, Sir!" I said as I signed the "maternity leaving" files. "Thank you very much, Sir."

        "No, I should be the one who thanked you. You're the best cop I ever had, and I meant it. You and Mr. Castle always the solve even the hardest case ever. And you never took a day off because you're strong. You're a strong woman, you should know that." I swear I almost dropped my tears.

        "T-thank you, Sir." I said, feeling moved.

        "You're very welcome. And have a nice celebration with the boys. Now go, Kate. Take care," she said as she go up from her chair and hugged me. Captain Victoria "Iron" Gates just hugged me!!! She hugged me!!

        "Y-yeah. You too, Sir!" I said as I walked towards the door. I felt so happy.

        "How did it go?" asked Castle, sitting on his usual chair.

        "It went well," I said. "Let's go?"

        "Sure," answered Castle. He handed me my coat and my purse. "Ryan and Javi said they are going to our home at 07:00."

        I nodded. "Okay."

        -End POV-

***

        When they arrived at the apartment, Kate let go a relieved sigh and walks slowly to the couch. Her tummy is getting bigger and bigger. "My back hurts."

        "Want me to massage you, Miss?" asked Castle with a playful tone. But she knows he was worried too.

        "No, thanks," Kate laughed. "Go cook. You still have two hours 'till the boys come."

        "Okay, okay," Castle gave his wife one more peck on her lips and half-running to the kitchen.

        Kate smiles as she watching her husband cooks. She has a really good husband, she tought. And she regretted that she didn't fall for him earlier.

        "Hey, Kate!" called Castle from the kitchen. He was chopping some potatos.

        "Hmm?"

        "Do you already think about our baby names?" 

        "Hmm.. For baby A, he's a boy right. I like Jacob, James. For baby B, I would like Alicia, Rose, Swan," Kate said with a smile.