It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas

-Kate's POV-

       "Rockin' around, the Christmas tree, at the Christmas party hop

        Mistletoe hung where you can see,ev'ry couples tries to stop

        Rockin' around, the Christmas tree, let the Christmas spirit ring

        Later we'll have some pumpkin pie, and we'll do some carolling

        You will get a sentimental feeling, when you're haring

        Voices singing "Let's be jolly; Deck the halls with boughs of holly."

        Rockin' around, the Christmas tree, have a happy holiday

        Everyone's dancing merrily

        In a new old-fashioned way"

        We sing happily as we decorated the Christmas tree. Sam and Swan are taking a nap in they nursery. So Castle and I are decorating the Christmas tree together. I can't wait for Sam and Swan older. It must be exciting to decorate with them.

        "And one last touch, the star!" Castle laughs. "Let me carry you, then you put the star, okay?"

        "Okay," then Castle carried me and I put the star on the top of the tree. We smiled together as we turned the Christmas tree light on. 

        "It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas. I love you, Richard Castle," I said, then kiss him passionately. "Thank you for everything, after all these years."

        "You're very welcome," Castle smiles and hugged me tight. I enjoy every seconds I've spent with him. We haven't get a lot of sleep recently. The twins could be so cranky sometimes. Especially in the night. We only sleep about 4-5 hours in average per day. It takes a lot of hard work. But Castle and I enjoyed our new daily routines. The twins have brought us a lot closer than we are before.

        Suddenly, I heard that Swan's crying through the baby monitor. "I'll get her, before she wakes her brother."

        I ran into the nursery. Swan has been a very cute girl. Her blue eyes makes me melt all the time. "Hey, baby. You're thirsty?"

        I think she's happy because I understand her. Because she stops crying eventually. I lifted up my shirt and she drinks greedily. "Drink up, sweetheart." I walked slowly to the rocking chair and looked around the nursery. Castle has done a very good job decorating the nursery. The nursery has been painted on pink and blue pastel colors. The nursery looks so adorable. There are two cribs. One for Swan, and one for Sam. Castle insisted to give the twins a wonderful bright childhood. I guess maybe  it's because he didn't have a lot of father figure. So he wants to give the best for the kids.

        I looked again at Swan, she has finished drinking. She yawned, and looked at me with a curiosity. I wonder what is she thinking about. "It's only five days left 'till Christmas, baby. It's your first Christmas." and that time, I swear I saw Swan's laughing!

        "Castle!" I shouted.

        "What?!" I heard he's running through the steps, maybe he thought of something bad happens.

        "Swan was laughing when I told her it's five days left 'till Christmas!" I said, handing Swan to Castle.

        "Oh, really? My baby girl is now laughing? You're so adorable, you know!" Castle kissed her forehead gently.

        He is indeed the best father. While Castle is busy playing with Swan, I walked to Sam's crib, and he was already awake. "Hi, baby. You woke because your sister is laughing, huh? Are you hungry?" I picked Sam up and sat back to the rocking chair, trying to feed him up.

        Of course, he was drinking greedily too just like her sister. They are indeed Castle's. You know what? I feel so stupid because I ever think to not have any child for the rest of my life because of my hard job. But right now, having Sam and Swan makes me change my mind. Having kids are he best thing you can experience.

***

        I lay down in my bed. Waiting for Castle who is in the shower. I've been wondering what should I get him for our first Christmas. Also for the twins. Maybe I could write him a story? A love story of our own? But I really don't know how to write a story and I only have five days to finish the story. But, writing some short-story won't take a long time, right? Yeah... Maybe I'll give him my own short-love-story-of-ours. Then, what should I get for the twins?

        "Kate?"

        "Huh?"

        "What are you thinking??" asked Castle, looked confused.

        "Oh, I just thinking about what should I get for the twins," I answered, a bit shy.

        "Hmm.. How about books and dolls? We could get them some story-book to read at night before they go to sleep and the is for their sleeping-mate," Castle suggested.

        "You know? That's a very good idea! Thanks, babe!" I kissed her cheek. "Hey, I just got another idea!"

        "And what is that?" asked Castle while he embrace me.

        "Let's get them a stereo? And we can buy some Christmas CD's for them. Or maybe even classical songs. Yeah you know, something like that," I said. Imagining singing along with Sam and Swan.

        "Okay. Let's go to the store together tomorrow. And leave them with Martha or Alexis," Castle said.

        "Great. Good night, Babe," I closed my eyes. And the last thing I felt is his cold lips on my forehead.