A Rough Night (2)

1 Push...

        2 Pushes...

        3 Pushes...

        And another cries filled the room. Kate never felt so happy. She has succesfully delivered her first son and daughter at the same time.

        "Thank you, Kate. Thank you so much for giving me a handsome son and a beautiful daughter just like you," Castle sobbed happily.

        "The baby boy is 6lbs 8oz and the baby girl is 5lbs 11oz," said one of the nurses while handing the baby girl to Castle and the boy to Kate.

        "It's Sam and Swan, Kate. They're finally here," said Castle with excitement.

***

-Castle's POV-

        "Dad!"

        "Richard!"

        "Castle!"

        I was greeted with many people when I got out of the delivery room. There's Martha, Alexis, Jim Beckett, Javi-Lanie, also with Ryan-Jenny who maybe stay up all night here just for Beckett. "Hey guys, Samuel James Castle and Swan Joanne Castle has born. They wheigh 6lbs 8oz and 5lbs 11oz."

        "Congratulations, Richard!" My Father-in-law shakes my hand happily. 

        " Thank you, Jim" I smiled, then face my Mother. "Mother.."

        "You'll be a very good Father, Kiddo," sobbed Mother. "Just like you raised Alexis."

        "Thank you, Mother," I smiled. Remembers that I'm the cool father. "Alexis, you want to meet your new siblings?"

        "Can I?" asked Alexis, unconsious.

        "Sure. Is it okay, Jim? If I take Alexis instead?"

        "Sure, sure. I'll see my grandkids anytime soon anyway."

        "Okay. Let's go, Al," I took Aleixs' hand and brought her to the delivery room.

        "Kate? Alexis wants to see her new siblings," I said slowly. But Kate has fell asleep. She looks a bit terrible, but still beautiful.

        "She'll sleep here for the next two hours. Then we will move her to her room. She's worn-out," explained Dr. Ann. "Oh, who's this lovely young woman?"

        "This is Alexis, my first daughter. From my ex-wife."

        "Oh, I see. Well then, if you want to look at your newborns, I want you to be very quickly, okay? I need to move them to the babies room," said Dr. Ann.

        "Understood, Doc. Thank you," I said, heading to the glass crib.

        "Oh my Gosh, Dad! They're so cute!" Alexis silently shrieked.

        "Lovely, aren't they?" I laughed. "Well then, I may need you to baby-sist sometimes?"

        "Ooh-ooh! I will, Dad! I'll volunteer!" said Alexis.

        "Good. Now let's get back and gives your Mother some rest," Alexis has get on really well with Kate. And a few weeks ago, Alexis has asked her if she could call her "Mom". I'm really proud of her, and maybe I'm the happiest Dad in this entire universe.

***

        "Kate?" I whispered. It's been three hours since Kate sleeps. She must be very tired. The other detectives hve gone with their wives to get some rest. Alexis has to go to her morning classes and Mother has a breakfast date with one of her colleagues. Jim is now sleeping on the couch and I'm sittting next to Kate's hospital bed.

        Finally, Kate's eyes opened. "C-castle?"

        "Yes, sweetheart. I'm right here," I said.

        "Hmm... What time is it?"

        "Uhh, 07:00 AM," I answered after take a close look at my watch.

        "My body's all sore," Kate groaned.

        "You've did a very good job, Dear," I said as I run my fingers through her tangled hairs.

        "Theehee, thanks," Kate giggles. "Can we see our angels now? I miss them already."

        "Sure. But I think you have to use the wheelchair," I teased but in a serious tone.

        "Very funny, Castle."

        I looked at her innocently.

        "Oh, come on!"

        I raised my eyebrows and shrugged.

        "Fine!"

        I grinned, then carry her gently to sit her on the wheelchair and leaving Jim who still sleeps in peace.

        "Sam has your eyes and Swan has mine," I informed her happily.

        Kate laughed. "That's nice. I've never felt so happy, Castle! Thank you for everything you have given to me."

        I stopped the wheelchair, then kneels in front of her. "Listen to me. You're my wife, Kate. I have you, and we finally have kids on our own. You're the last thing I ever needed and wanted."

        "Gosh, Castle. I'll admit this. You're the best husband that a wife can have," Kate said as she holds my hand, smiling. "Now. Take me to see the kids."

        "Aye-aye, Captain!"

A/N

Thougths? Don't forget to vote and comment :)