Chapter 1 // The Meeting

Kara took a deep breath, internally she was nervous and scared- but she couldn't show that since it was her first interview! And to make matters more difficult, she had to interview the CEO of LuthorCorp, who just had moved to National City.

The doors of the elevator opened and Kara stepped outside, bag in hand, ready to have this interview. She walked to the desk of presumably the assistant and said "Good afternoon, I'm here for my interview with Ms. Luthor."

The woman looked up at her, Jessica Huang, Kara had read, and said "I will buzz you in, she just finished her meeting," Kara nodded and patiently waited for the green light from the assistant, her almost permanent smile not leaving her face.

Kara was looking around when the assistant spoke up again "Ms. Danvers, you're allowed to go in," The assistant pointed to a direction and said "It's the first door to your left." Kara nodded, thanked her and went on her way. 

Even though she was already buzzed in she felt the urge to knock, so she did. She politely knocked on the door and only came in when she heard "Come in," With her almost permanent smile Kara opened the door and stepped inside. Some smell filled her nostrils, mint and- roses, relaxing her almost immediately. Kara glanced at the woman behind her desk, feeling warm and strangely at peace. "Ms. Danvers, I presume?"

"Kara," Kara said before she could think, the woman smiled and nodded. With that she stood up and walked towards the couch. She motioned for Kara to sit beside her with she did, without a second thought. Kara sat pretty close to the woman, due to some sort of pull, wanting her to be close to the CEO.

Kara grabbed her notepad out of her bag and clicked her pen so that she could write. "So Ms. Luthor,"

The CEO cut in "Lena."

Kara got confused and only got out "Uh?"

Lena looked at her and smiled "I want you to call me Lena."

"Oh," Kara stammered "Okay..." With that Kara started to ask her first question, something about the future of LuthorCorp. It went fairly good, Lena explained what was going to happen and how she would do it. It did surprise Kara though that she would give out so much information, but more is better, right?

Kara had asked another question and shuffled a bit closer, wanting more of that peace and warmth. It was like Lena had the same idea since they suddenly sat against each other. Kara smiled nervously but didn't move away. With that they continued the interview, they kept looking at each other and smiling, they were too close for strangers- but Kara, she couldn't think about leaving the woman's side.

When Kara had asked her last question she sighed, she knew she had to leave- but she didn't want to. Kara took a deep breath and spoke up "Could- Could you tell me something about yourself, like off the record."

The CEO smiled and said "Sure," And with that the woman started talking about her life, about how she was adopted when she was four. And about her rebellious periods. Kara listed to it all, maybe a bit surprised the woman wanted to share all of it, but- Kara liked it. She liked the warmth the woman gave, the peace it made her feel and the sound of the woman's voice.

So when Lena placed a hand on Kara's knee she didn't do anything, she just blushed and listed further, carefully taking in each and every word. Out of nowhere there was a knock on the door, startling both Lena and Kara. Hesitantly Lena said "Come in."

"Ms. Luthor," The assistant said when she stood inside "You have a meeting in fifteen minutes."

"Oh," Lena said, sounding disappointed, "Of course, you can go Jess, I will buzz you in shortly," The assistant nodded and with one weird look, between Lena and Kara, she walked away. Kara turned back to Lena who was walking towards her desk, Kara immediately missed the closeness but knew she had to leave. Kara stood up and walked towards the door. "Kara," Kara turned around due to Lena calling her name "You're forgetting something."

Kara glanced at the place they just said and said, clearly confused, "No, I don't think so."

Lena chuckled, which made Kara look at her and with that Kara saw it, she was holding up a piece of paper. Kara chuckled and walked towards Lena, grabbed the piece of paper and thanked her for everything. Before she left Lena asked "Will you call me?"

Kara nodded and with one last smile she said "Of course." 

~~~~~~~~

Kara was walking through National City, she was feeling strange, like she had lost something. A sigh escaped her lips as she walked further. She was walking home, after she had finished her day at Catco. She grabbed her phone and the card Lena had given her. She quickly added the number, the one that was written in pen on it, to her contacts and called it.

It rung a couple of times and nobody answered, Kara sighed. She knew that it was Lena's number due to the voicemail, but she clearly wanted to speak to the woman. Kara rounded the corner, into an alley, knowing full well she didn't have to be scared since she was Supergirl. She looked down, which came into her favour since she was about to step into something disgusting. 

She looked up again when she heard an odd noise, it sounded like growling. She frowned and looked into the dark alley, inspecting it, suddenly she saw two eyes, green eyes. They were lower than the normal human's eyes would be. So Kara frowned, with that the creature started to move forward, which revealed a big wolf-like beast, with clean black fur. 

Kara stood completely still, waiting for the wolf-thing to do something, since it was only slowly walking towards her, not showing any teeth yet. The wolf came closer and closer until it stopped when it was about five feet away. Kara gulped, she was confused, why was a gigantic wolf in the middle of National City?

Suddenly the wolf rushed forward and sprung up, Kara was too slow, which was strange, to react and with that she felt a tongue his her head, like the wolf was licking her. Kara frowned but the wolf-like creature continued to lick her face. Suddenly the wolf stopped, whimpering lightly. Kara looked confused when the wolf took a couple steps back, acting like a scared puppy.

And that's when she got it, the wolf wanted to be her friends or something. So she smiled and slowly walked to the wolf. She lowered to the wolf's level, who was lying on the ground and started to rub it's head, smiling slightly when the wolf exposed it's belly for Kara to rub, which she did. "Hey, buddy or girl," She said while rubbing the wolf's belly "I can't leave you here alone, can I?" The wolf stood up and tilted it's head. "Come on, were going home." And with that Kara and the wolf walked to her home, luckily this was the last street to her house so- nobody saw the gigantic murder beast.