Chapter 8 // Play

It had been a couple days later that Kara got released from Lena's medical lab in the basement of L-Corp. Lena had explained that she couldn't bring Kara to a normal hospital, even tough Lena was the owner of multiple, so she had brought Kara to L-Corp. Now they were going to Lena's penthouse since Kara's whole house was gone.

They were sitting in Lena's car, slightly relaxed after everything that had happened. The last couple days had been okay, but ever since Kara answered a call from Alex, Alex called every thirty minutes and that was a little too much. Kara sighed, she was a little tired since she hadn't been in the sun for a long time. Today was the first time, and it was refreshing.

Lena placed her hand on Kara's, making the older woman look at her. Lena smiled and said "It will all be okay." When Lena looked at her like that Kara had that one question rushing through her mind again, demanding an answer. She bit her lip, hoping she wouldn't just yell it out.

But when Lena asked "What is wrong?"

Kara lost all her withhold and yelled out "Can we play?" Lena looked confused so Kara quickly filled in, knowing full well there was no going back. "Like me and the wolf- I want to test how strong she is." Lena chuckled and squeezed Kara's hand.

"I will try, but you must agree on this: We will sleep in the same bed together, since I don't have a second bed installed yet." 

"Oh," Kara smiled again, she didn't have a problem on sharing a bed with Lena. "Sure." Lena curtly nodded, a sly smirk on her face. Kara knew she had made the right choice, Lena also wanted to be close to her- which was great. With that Kara relaxed slightly and just waited.

~~~~~~~~

Lena's penthouse was really one of a kind, from the great open-floor plan to the accents of colors. Kara was seated on the couch, they had planned to leave in about thirty minutes to go to the desert to play, which was great! Because Kara really wanted to. But now she just sat close to Lena, enjoying the woman's smell. 

Lena had rested her head on Kara's shoulder when she spoke up "I really enjoy being close to you, like- it's strange."

Kara chuckled but in the end she had to agree, so she spoke up "You're right, I have it too. But it is nice to have friends I can be close to like this." Lena just hummed in response, as they silently watched a TV show further.

~~~~~~~~

They were in the desert! Lena was already changed into her wolf form, which was not that nice to see happening. But they had a big tire and were waiting for a green light from Lena's driver that he was far away. Luckily after about fifteen minutes of cuddle time the driver texted Lena. So Kara looked at the wolf and smirked. 

She stood up and said excited "We're gonna play!" At the word 'play', the wolf's ears perked up as her tail started to wag in excitement. Kara quickly grabbed the tire and flew up into the sky, beneath her she looked at the wolf, eyes focused on the tire only. With one swift moment Kara threw the tire far away, once the tire left her hands the wolf followed it in almost the same pace. Kara gasped, it was great to see a majestic beast like this perform like it was meant to be. 

When the wolf had completely caught up with the tire gravity had almost done its job. With one perfect movement of the back legs of the beast, Lena flew up into the sky. Kara stood there, perplexed, as the wolf caught the tire with ease. The landing was a little clumsy, but with that the wolf turned around and started running back with the tire in it's mouth. 

Kara just stood on the ground, excited to do it again and again and again. Because to see Lena operate like that- was something almost too good to be true.

~~~~~~~~

Kara was tired. They had played the whole afternoon, which was great, but it made her quite exhausted due to the beast almost having no brake. Luckily she was in bed with Lena sleeping next to her. It had all gone quite fast, they had eaten together in front of the television and just relaxed. But now Kara knew she wanted it and more. She wanted to have Lena all to herself. 

And now- now she just laid there, with a sleeping Lena Luthor against her, clinging to her like there was no tomorrow. But there was a tomorrow and that meant that Kara wouldn't have Lena if she didn't do something, because soon, when her house was built again, she would move back. And that meant that she would lose Lena again. Kara sighed and closed her eyes. 

She wasn't ready for this. To say goodbye to Lena, not now, not ever. She knew it was weird to be attached like this to the woman, but she just couldn't do anything about it. It just felt good being near the woman. 

Her eyes flew open when Lena moved closer, Kara knew she had to do something, be a hero. But it scared her, she hadn't ever felt something like this about somebody. So she closed her eyes again and slowly fell asleep, thinking about how to ask Lena flipping Luthor out.

A/N For fanfic (other people's stuff)/updates and other stuff (Like voting for a new story) check my Instagram SupercorpMcGrath. I will do other fanfic (Other ships) if asked.