Chapter 3 // Talk

They had been eating and talking for quite some time. they were sitting very close but both of them didn't mind, or Kara thought Lena didn't mind. Kara liked this, just talking about many things to Lena. Kara grabbed another slice of pizza, the meat lovers, knowing Lena only ate the one with the greens. She slowly ate, not knowing if Lena would be disgusted if she inhaled the food. 

Kara sighed when she had ate another piece of pizza, but that didn't make her sigh the thing was that she was thinking about Mon-El, who recently had declared his love for her and she just walked out, saying: Later. Lena stopped mid-talking and looked at her with a raised eyebrow. Kara just sat there, staring in front of her. "Kara?" Kara quickly looked at Lena in shock "Relax, relax," Lena placed a hand on Kara's arm "It's only me," Kara silently nodded so Lena asked "What's wrong?"

"Uh," Kara sighed again, looking down "I have a sort of coworker who just said he loved me and stuff," Kara heard Lena's heartbeat pick up "But-"

Lena, even though her heartbeat was really fast, calmly filled in "But you don't feel the same way?"

Kara sighed again and said "Yes- I don't." Kara looked up at Lena who was nodding, her heartbeat slowly getting slower.

"And," Lena started while she looked at Kara "You don't know how to say no without hurting them too much?" Kara wordlessly nodded. "Yeah, I get why you're thinking about what. But let me say this: You will know to do it right Kara, don't worry about it. From what I've learned about you I know you're a person with a heart of gold."

Kara smiled sadly and nodded, Lena was right. She could do it. She just had to be herself and be nice. Lena pulled her in a side hug and said "It's okay to feel bad about it, but you have to choose yourself from time to time."

Kara looked at Lena and smiled, it was actually helping, Lena's words were true and Kara really believed them. Kara sighed and rested her head on Lena's shoulder, while the woman slowly rubbed her arm. Kara glanced at the time and saw that it was actually pretty late, but she liked being with Lena here. The smell of the woman- the warmth- the peace she got. It was all perfect, it made her feel whole.

Not five minutes later she heard Lena yawn, Kara, clearly not wanting her to leave asked "Would you like to stay- just to sleep and stuff?"

Lena looked at Lena, her head tilted a little as she asked "Really?" Kara nodded and with that Lena broke in to the biggest grin ever. Kara smiled at the goofiness of her friend, and stood up, much to Lena's displeasure, since she was getting some clothes for Lena. After some rummaging through her closet Lena asked "You okay? I-I can go home if it's too much of a hassle."

Kara chuckled and said "Got it! Just," She held the clothes up in triumph,  She turned around and saw Lena standing in the doorway, looking amused. Kara turned red and with that Lena slowly stalked over, grabbed the clothes and asked

"May I use you bathroom?"

Kara hastily nodded and pointed out the room, she also yelled after her that there was a extra toothbrush in the medicine cabinet. With that Lena left and Kara all but threw her clothes off and on. When she was safely in her pj's she sat down on her bed, her glasses placed on her side of the bed, as she waited for Lena. When Lena finally came back Kara stood up and excused herself, she knew she didn't need to brush her teeth, but this felt okay- the right thing to do since she had been doing it since ever came to Earth.

Out of nowhere she heard it, sirens. She groaned and let her toothbrush fall, she quickly left the bathroom, changing into her super suit with super speed and flew out of her apartment hoping Lena didn't notice it she was gone. She quickly flew to the place the sirens were going to and landed. It was some sort of gigantic alien. 

Kara groaned, this was going to take way too long for her liking, somebody landed beside her, Kara knew who it was: Mon-El. Kara looked at him and said "We have to do this one quick, got a friend at home." Mon-El nodded, a sly smirk appearing at the word 'friend'. Kara looked back at the alien and saw that it was charging towards her.

Kara groaned, but she was happy she saw it on time. With that she stood ready for the impact, waiting. She was looking at the alien that was running towards her when suddenly something black ran past her. She frowned but kept standing in her pose. She saw the figure which just ran past her jump up and attack the alien. Kara looked at Mon-El in disbelief.

When Kara looked forward she saw that the wolf- or whatever it was- was having quite some problems so she quickly flew up and forward, ready to help the wolf. When she came close she saw that it was the same beast as yesterday. She flew faster, ready to help the beast, and with that she threw a punch in the alien's face. Apparently the beast had already done quite some damage because the alien fell down, unconscious.

Kara landed on the ground, quite far from the beast, Mon-El walked up to her and said "Well, that was special... didn't expect an earth native domesticated animal to help- but hey! Who cares."

Kara chuckled and said "Got to go, still have the friend at home."

Mon-El nodded and with that he said goodbye, Kara quickly flew to her apartment but when she entered she didn't heard Lena's heartbeat- she heard no heartbeat at all. So quickly she went inside and saw that a window was broken. Confused she looked down and saw that it was broken from the inside, meaning Lena escaped through a window? When she looked out she saw something running towards her, to her apartment building. The thing jumped up and with that Kara saw it, it was the wolf. 

Kara stepped back, the wolf landed in front of her, and then Kara got it. She breathed out one name "Lena..."

A/N For fanfic (other people's stuff)/updates and other stuff (Like voting for a new story) check my Instagram SupercorpMcGrath. I will do other fanfic (Other ships) if asked.