Chapter 9 // Jump

Kara was seated at the kitchen island, Lena next to her, eating pancakes. Kara wasn't really eating her food, her normal appetite was replaced with nervousness. While playing with the food left on her plate Lena spoke up "Kara," Kara almost jumped up due to the sound of Lena's voice. Kara looked shocked at Lena who calmly asked "What is wrong?"

"N-"

Lena cut her off "No, we can't just say that nothing is wrong. Something is clearly wrong and you're going to say what."

Kara sighed, there is no better time than now, right? Kara turned to Lena, who was already facing her "Look- I-I've been thinking about something," Kara took a deep breath and asked "Would you like to go on a date with me?"

Lena smiled and simply said "Yes."

"It's okay if you don-" Kara stopped mid-sentence and looked at a amused Lena "Did you just say yes?" Lena nodded, Kara gasped and stood up "I-I need to go, I need to plan a date." 

"Aren't you going to work?"

Kara looked back at Lena "Fuck work."

With that she started walking to the door, suddenly Lena called out "You're in your pyjamas."

Very awkwardly Kara said "Right!"

~~~~~~~~

She had done it, created the perfect date. She had planned everything, from beginning till the end. It was going to be great. Like really great. She had even bought flowers for Lena, which she hoped Lena liked- otherwise she would be disappointed in herself because she thought she had chosen the right ones. 

Kara sighed, she had a tailored suit on, knowing full well she appreciated those things better than dresses. With a nervous tap on the door she knocked. Within the minute the door got opened, revealing Lena Luthor in a beautiful black dress. Kara had to keep herself from gasping. Lena smiled and did a fake cough when Kara had been staring for quite a while.

With a simple trust forward Kara presented the flowers to Lena. With amusement in her voice Lena asked "I assume they are for me, and not my mother?" Kara nervously fumbled with her glasses, trying to find words, Lena chuckled and placed a hand on Kara's and said "It's okay Kara, I think you look wonderful, let me put these flowers in a vase and then we can go."

Kara nodded and with that Lena turned around, walking back into her apartment. Within five minutes Lena walked out of the apartment and presented her hand for Kara to grab. With a goofy smile on her face Kara grabbed Lena's hand and lead the woman to the elevator, ready to do this right.

~~~~~~~~~

The date had been going great, Lena was surprised when they arrived at a expensive restaurant, but Kara didn't care. She wanted to impress Lena, so this mattered. Kara was having fun and Lena- Lena was smiling at her jokes and goofiness. Kara liked it all. 

They were in the middle of the main course when somebody stepped close to their table. Both Kara and Lena looked up, through gritted teeth Lena said to the person who stood there "Mother."

"Lena, fancy seeing you here."

Kara just looked between the two and saw almost no resemblance, were they really family? "We both know this isn't a coincidence, mother."

"Of course it isn't Lena. You have disappointed me, choosing to date scum like them."

Lena raised an eyebrow, her arms folding over each other as she asked "And Lillian?"

"And I'm here to stop you."

Lena chuckled, it wasn't a nice chuckle, it was actually quite a cold chuckle "We both know that means you are going make sure nobody remembers her."

"Exactly," Lillian turned to Kara "So, we can do the easy way or we can use violence."

Kara sighed and stood up, ready to give herself over, so nobody would get hurt. Lena spoke up "Kara, no." Kara looked at Lena apologetically. Suddenly she felt something in around her abdomen. She looked down and saw a knife in her body. She looked up at Lillian and did the only thing she could think of. She punched the woman in the face and fell down onto the ground blacking out immediately.

~~~~~~~~

A couple months later

"Kara!" Kara shot up, she had fallen asleep. The last couple of months had been tiring, that's why Lena ordered Kara to stay at home for the last day of Lillian Luthor's trial. She wanted to come with, but Kara really couldn't argue with her wife. 

Their whole relationship had been fast, that's why, after three months, they got engaged and married on the same day. In the end they found out what was wrong with them, their alien genes were calling to each other, begging to be close. And they had given in, chosen to be together. 

Kara sat up and rubbed her eyes tiredly. She looked around and saw Lena walking towards her. Kara smiled when she saw her wife smile, good news probably. When Lena didn't say anything, and Kara was standing in front of her, Kara asked "And?"

Lena grinned "Double lifelong." Kara pulled Lena close, it was great! With that she spun Lena around and kissed her roughly. They had achieved what they wanted, they had gotten what they needed. Lillian and Lex were both behind bars which meant nothing could stop them, they a Super and a Luthor of a Wolf, were going to do this! They were going to live in peace.

The End.

A/N I hope you enjoyed this story. I dedicate this story to Venus. I liked your enthusiasm about this story and all. I hope to see you all at my next story!