Chapter 4

I storm into the cafeteria, my boots squeaking as I come to a quick stop. My breathing heavy, palms sweating and my eyes glaring daggers. I cannot believe him. He's so stupid. I can't believe I let this happen.

My eyes roam until they land on my target.

I start moving again. My bag swings from my one shoulder and hits a few people. I'm in too much of a rush to even have a go at them for getting in my way.

I get to the table and chuck my bag to the floor, gripping Kyle's shirt in my fist.

"What the fuck did you do?" I hiss. I'm drawing attention with how prominent I'm being but at this moment in time I do not give a fuck.

Kyle laughs nervously. He grips my wrist and pushes me off of him. "I didn't do anything, girl."

"Oh really?" I narrow my eyes. "So how the fuck does fucking Neo have my fucking number?"

Kyle shrugs innocently. "I thought I asked you not to be angry at me."

I ignore him and release his shirt. There was a teacher stalking towards me so I quickened my interrogation.

I turn back to Kyle. "Why did you give it to her?"

Kyle opens his mouth to respond but a certain somebody beats him to it.

"Because I asked him for it." Neo appears beside me and walks around to sit next to Kyle. Out of the corner of my eye I notice the teacher has stopped and is just staring with a tilt of his head.

I ignore Neo - as you do - and furrow my eyebrows at my friend. "When the fuck did you two become friends?"

Kyle shrugs again. "Neo's in most of my classes." He places a hand on her shoulder and smiles. "She's pretty cool once you get to know her."

I glance at her and notice her eyes staring softly at me with a blank look on her face.

"Great." I roll my eyes. "I'm going." The teacher has fucked off at this point - guess I'm not getting told off today.

Not yet anyway.

"Lane - " Kyle starts.

"Just leave me alone."

A crease appears in Neo's forehead as I leave the table with my bag slung over the one shoulder.

I storm out the cafeteria much like how I had stormed in. I can't believe Kyle. He knew what I was feeling towards Neo and yet he befriends her behind my back?

I can't believe him! He should've told me.

Neo had messaged me Saturday night. She was sorry that I got hurt and hoped I was okay.

I ignored her.

I mean, sure it was nice of her and everything but I don't like the girl.

I hate her. And I hate Dylan for ever telling her about me. And I hate Kyle for befriending her without telling me.

And I hate myself for being absolutely attracted to her.

Speaking of Dylan, he was coming towards me at a fast pace. There was a smirk and a glint in his eyes.

"Hey babe."

I glare at him intensely. "I am not your babe."

Dylan leans in close. "Just roll with it. I wanna make the new girl jealous."

I push his face away from mine. "Are you kidding me? You're such an asshole Dylan." As much as I love the fact that he was now off my back, I wasn't going to let him start on Neo. She's only been here a few weeks. "Plus she's not even around so knock it off."