Chapter 5

I have general studies for two hours today. With Neo. Who is sat right by me.

For two whole straight hours.

It's not fair. I don't know why she drives me so crazy but I can't help but be distracted by her amazing wavy soft hair, her cute little grin and her emerald eyes.

I am fucked, to say the least.

I have no idea how I'm going to get through this but I guess I'm going to have to roll with it.

I enter the school alone this morning as Kyle is ill - well that's what he's told me - and he's left me to fend for myself for the day. Completing my usual routine of heading to my locker while swearing at younger students and pushing people out of my way, I head towards my general studies class.

I was going to be late but could not give any less of a shit. General studies sucks anyway, I only added it to my timetable to get an extra grade but I've regretted it ever since.

That is until I noticed Neo gets there super early.

Guess who's not gonna be late today? This gal.

I don't know what it is about that girl but I cannot get rid of her, she's always going to be here. Especially in my mind. Because I am insanely attracted to her and am well aware of this fact.

I know her from somewhere. I just need to figure out where from.

The classroom is empty when I arrive. Placing my bag on my desk, I sit next to it, with my feet on the chair.

"What are you doing?"

I shriek and jump out of my skin and throw my phone at the intruder. I open my eyes in time to see my phone smack Neo right in the middle of her face.

Neo stumbles back slightly from the impact.

I narrow my eyes. "You deserved that."

Neo shrugs as she rubs at her face slowly. "I guess I did." She picks up my phone and hands it back to me. Her eyes suddenly sparkle with determination. "Why are you here so early?" She asks, her voice already sending me over the edge. I keep up my posture.

I turn away from her and slump into my chair. I wasn't about to tell her the truth on why I was actually here. "Ask Kyle. Since you two are so close nowadays."

Neo seems to ignore my snide comment. "He's sick. I don't want to disturb him."

I just scoff. "Why am I not surprised?" I mumble with as much sarcasm I can muster. She's so sweet.

Neo joins me sitting at the desk, and my skin starts to burn, craving her soft, gentle touch. "Think we'll see our teacher today?"

"I doubt it." I stare out the window, watching the world go by, resisting the urge to watch Neo instead. "We'll probs get a sub or something."

"Let me guess..." I can hear the smirk in her voice. "That's a good enough excuse for you to leave again?"

I snap my head towards her and her smile falters, her head dropping low. "Of course it is. Why would I want to stay in this shitty lesson? It's pointless." I tear my eyes away before glancing at her over my shoulder. "Unless you try to stop me again?" I continue.

She looks up again, hopeful, before it disappears. "Not if you don't want me to. It didn't go very well the last time."

I stare at my intertwined fingers, imagining they were actually intertwined with Neo's. It makes my heart race. Before I can reply, my phone vibrates in my pocket. I unlock it to see it's a text from Kyle of our little reminder.