𝐓𝐄𝐍

Mercedes A. Bulls

Baton, Rouge

Baton, Rouge

I was laid across my bed on my laptop, looking for some type of college down here to enroll myself in. Miracle was beside me, looking at cartoons on the tv.

It's about time I do something with my life, I don't want to live off being a YouTuber. I really wanted start college as soon as I finished high school but Miracle was conceived. I really want to go school for cosmetology, hair, lashes and etc always been my thang.

Now that I feel comfortable and can pay for the expenses, I'll enroll her.

Knocking me out of thoughts, Miracle began to whine and my phone started ringing. I felt her diaper which wasn't wet so I picked her up, beginning to breastfeed her.

Looking at the caller ID, it was an unknown number. I furrowed my bows in confusion, hitting the green button. "You have a prepaid call from a federal prison, to accept the call press 5 to decline the call, press 1." The operator on the other line of the phone spoked.

I took the phone from my ear, looking at with my face scrunched up before pressing 5. "Hello? who is this and why are you calling me?" I immediately questioned.

"Was'up Mercedes, this Rashad.." Rashad's voice boomed through the phone, my heart drop...he was the last person I expected to call me especially from a jail phone.

Why is he in jail? why is he calling me, after knowing he crossed the lines with me.

"Oh, hey Rashad, what's going on? why the hell you calling me from a prison or jail phone?"

Even know he broke my heart, I'll always have love in my heart for him. No matter what he did to me, my love will always be there for him. Rashad was there when I had nobody, he helped me take care of Miracle when my own momma wouldn't even help; I had nobody but he taught me to never love or go hard for anybody like I did for him....My trust is broken.

"Ima be in here a for years, how my baby Miracle doing? I know you ain't fucking with me right now but you know that's still my baby, how y'all doing?" He questioned in a serious tone.

I'll never take that away from him, since day one he loved my baby like his own, he might as well be her father. "We doing good, how you doing? What're you doing in there?" I asked and the line grew quiet for a few seconds.

"Nothing, I just came to check on y'all. Ima be calling more often from here to check on y'all so pick up...love y'all and kiss Miracle for me." His sadden voice stated before the phone swiftly hung up, he probably thought I wasn't gonna say it back.

"Daddy said he loves you." I kissed Miracle's cheek as she stared at me deeply, her eyes make me melt. I placed my breast back in my bra and started to burp her.

"Mercedes!" Harmony bursted into my room, I should've never gave her a key now she taking advantage. "What you doing sis?"

"Girl, where you coming from all dress up?" I looked over at her figure. "Where you get that fit from? out here looking like you ready to take somebody man." I hyped her up.

"I was on a date with Ben fine self and this fit came from Fashion Nova, Of course." Harmony smiled taking Miracle out my grip, kissing her little hands. She flopped down on my bed next to me.

"Oh now y'all want to go on a date when y'all just was f- never mind, how was your date, best?"

"Girl we had fun, went to an arcade and the steakhouse." She answered as miracle touched all over her face. "School start in a few weeks and I'm not ready to go back and your ass done graduated and left me alone with Miami slow ass." She groaned, poking her bottom lip out over the other.

"Where miami at anyway? ain't seen her since the other day."

She snickered before speaking. "Her momma got her on punishment for coming in late the other night, this bitch 18 and still getting on punishment."

"That shit ain't funny." I held back my laughter. "You seen Kentrell dent head today?" I questioned picking up my laptop.

"You worried about your man mighty much but no, ben said he had some business to handle today or something." She uttered with a shrug.

"That ain't my man, we just friends for now."

"Ou girl! stop playing on his top, I seen them chocolate covered strawberries with white chocolate drizzled on the top on the table along with some candy and other shit."

"Mhm, that's why I'm changing the locks. I bet you done ate up all my shit." I grumbled.