𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

POISONED LOVE'

Mercedes A. Bulls
Omniscient

I'll fix the strings and play my part,I know the pain that's in your heart — ELLA MAI

I know the pain that's in your heart
— ELLA MAI

"Hey mama." Mercedes took a seat next to her mother, on the couch. Today was the day that Mercedes visit Karin. "How you holding up in here?" She asked.

"I'm doing good...I plan on staying here for at least 12 months, I need to better myself for you and my granddaughter even know it's a little too late for you." Karin held her head low, she was disappointed in herself. The more she sat in the rehab center—the more she thought about how she treated her own daughter.

The room fell silent, Mercedes didn't know what to say.

"Where's Miracle?" Karin took the silence away.

"She's with my best friend mother right now." She answered back. "She's getting big, she turned four months today." Mercedes smiled at the thought of her babygirl.

"Aww, her little cute self." Karin smiled to herself as her eyes begun to water—she just felt bad about everything, how she let a man go and rape her daughter and gotten her pregnant. Hot tears constantly poured out her eyes. "I'm sorry." She whispered.

Karin slowly grabbed Mercedes hand, squeezing it tightly while looking her daughter in the eyes. Mercedes looked at her in confusion, wondering where the sudden tears came from.

"What's wrong mama?" Mercedes softly questioned with her mouth forming a pensive frown.

Karin slowly shook her head and wiped her tears with her free hand, the more she thought it about the things she put Mercedes through, the more the tears poured out. She felt as if she ruined Mercedes whole life.

"I'm sorry I ruined your life, you didn't even get the chance to go to college like you always wanted to because of me. I wanted to be a drug addicted and get my daughter rape over a little piece of money." Karin expressed; pulling her daughter into a hug.

Mercedes laid her head on her mother's shoulder—feeling the verge to cry, this was all ever she wanted was to be in her mother arms. "I-I forgive you mama, I just want you to do better, stay in here and get your life together momma. I'll be here with you every step of the way, you know I'm only one call away."

"I really appreciate you, I love you and I'll be calling to check up on you and my grand baby." Karin stated—rocking her back and forth, tightly.