29|| The Rescue

"Y/N! You in there?" a voice calls through the door. The sounds startles me, it feels like I've been in here for hours.

"um...yes," I say quietly, the voice sounds familiar but I'm not sure who it is. I know its not Negan, Lucas, or Bryant.

I gently place my sleeping baby on the bed and stand up. 

Keys rattle and unlock the door. It swings open to reveal a person that I would have never expected to be the one that would save me.

"Dwight, thank god" I jump into his arms.

In any other situation, this would be awkward considering the incident that happened over a year ago but right now that doesn't matter. I'm just happy to see someone from the Sanctuary.

We hug for a moment then he says something I don't expect, "I'm sorry"

"for what?"

"I've been an asshole since that whole thing with Negan. I shouldn't have put you in that situation. I know your hearts with him, all we had was just sex" he says with the look of regret.

"you don't have to be sorry, it's my fault any of that happened at all, I was the one that used you to get back at him" I acknowledge my part in all this mess.

He nods then turns his attention back to the sound of war that is going on outside. The gunshots are getting closer.

"We need to go, hurry and grab Jr."

"okay" I rush over to him and lifts him into my arms. His sleeping head nestles against my shoulder.
_________________

Dwight leads me through the halls of the building as we creep quietly. Bryant only left one person to guard me, so it was easy for us to get past him.

"we're almost there," he says under his breath, probably to calm his own nerves.

The way out is near but I can't help but get the feeling that this isn't going to be as simple as Negan planned this to be.

"I'll go first to clear a path then you follow" he opens the exit door and runs out with his gun loaded ready to shot.

When he reaches safety, he waves me over.

Right as I'm about to make a break for it, two muscular arms wrap around me and pull me back.

I struggle in the man's grasp, but it's hard to fight back and hold Jr. at the same time.

"You really thought you could leave me that easily?" the man says in my ear then forces me to turn around and face him.

"you're gonna regret this, y/n!" Bryant stares me directly in the eyes.

I can't even come up with the words to speak. I thought he would be too preoccupied with Negan to come for me.

I look back to the door, hoping that Dwight would come back through it to save me once again but he never came.

"I wouldn't count of him" he laughs, "he's gonna be busy for while"

Fear takes over me and I hang on to  Jr. even tighter, he grabs me by the hair and I wince in pain as he forces me through the hallway.

I have no idea where he's taking me. Bryant is crazy, and his plans are unpredictable.
_______________________
Negan's POV

"What the fuck happened Dwight? Did you find her?" I ask as he approaches me without my wife. The plan was for him and Simon to search the two side building. He better be back to tell me some good fucking news.