I Give You My Word

[Unedited]

When I got home I went straight to my room ignoring Bella and Charlie's calls.
Before getting on the plane Sam called. Paul finally imprinted and it couldn't be at a worse time.
They were coming back and now Paul was gone and I honestly have no idea what to do.
My phone rings and when I look at it says Paul so I answered.
"Hey are you back from Italy." He asked.
"Yeah but before you tell me I want you to know I'm so happy for you." I said wiping the tears from my face.
"I want you to know that I'm not mad at you because we both knew what this was. I want you to not feel guilty because I'm okay." I said not believing myself.
"You're amazing Zoe." He said before hanging up.
I went to throw my phone at the wall at vampire speed and when I never heard the crash I turned around to see Edward in my room.
"You shouldn't be here." I said wiping the remaining tears from my face.
"I heard what happened and I also heard your thoughts." He said and I let out a fake laugh.
"Edweirdo reading my thoughts what else is new." I said sarcastically.
"I wanted to apologize." He said and I scoffed.
"Well I don't want your fake apology." I spat and he sighed.
"We both know it's not fake. Aro told you what was on my mind." Edward admitted.
"If I forgive you and relieve myself of all this angry and hurt I feel than what do I have left?" I asked.
"You have us your family." He said and I scoffed.
"Why so when we hit a bump in the road again you can pick up and leave?" I asked.
"We won't be leaving. It was stupid of us to believe you would be safer without us." He said and I laughed.
"I tried to tell you all." I said in an I told you so voice.
"Things will be different now. I give you my word." He said and I nodded.
"Your word is no good unless you live up too it." I said.
"I plan too." He said and I nodded.
"I'm sorry." I said and he looked taken back.
"Before you and Emmett left I said some things I didn't mean and I'm sorry it was cold of me." I said and he smiled.
"You have nothing to be sorry for because what you said was true." He said before walking over to Bella's room finally leaving me alone with my thoughts.
I'm not angry anymore. I'm not holding onto the fight from months ago mainly I believe it's from the mate bond. I can feel him getting closer with every breath I take.
Unlike Bella and Edward I don't believe it will be that easy to return to the place we once were in.
I needed him and he left simple as that. But somewhere along the way I forgave him. I forgave him and I didn't even know it and little by little he's been making his way back into my heart.