:01

The man sighed, staring at his laptop. A three dimensional scan of the building across from where he had set up his tech camp was dimly lit on the screen, a bright red tracker moving throughout the building as he watched. The room was dark, it had to stay that way. He needed to be unnoticed.

This was his job. To stay behind the scenes and watch. If anything were to go wrong, aka if the agent were to get killed, he would step in and finish the job quietly. Under no other circumstances was he allowed to break his cover. No one was to know he was watching, not even the agent.

It was boring. Most of the time nothing happened. The agent would do what they were given, get in, get out and then he was free to go back home. Sometimes the set up and take down of his station took longer than the mission itself. Especially when he had his sniper.

This mission didn't seem to be any different. The Boss Man told him that it was a newbie agent and to watch over them carefully, reporting back to him with anything they needed to improve on. He was the The Boss Man's favorite anyways, regardless if he was just behind the scenes for now.

The red tracker moved quickly up the staircase of the building, who ever it was, they were quick. It was impressive. He didn't know who it was, only their agent number.

0211

He doesn't even know what they look like until they come into his view, if they ever did If he were to ever meet the agents he was watching over, he was suppose to act like he doesn't know them. At all. There should be no talk about what he does, ever. It wouldn't be like this forever, him being behind the scenes and hidden away. Eventually he would be back out in the field, but not right now.

For now he just watched.

He saw the red tracker stop in a room, the one where the target and information was housed. The man smiled. The mission was almost over, no more of his boredom. Headquarters had been talking to the agent the whole time, and they even seemed bored. For a newbie the agent was doing exceptionally well.

"Target eliminated, downloading the information now." The agents voice echoed into his ears. It was a woman's voice, slightly breathless.

"Interesting." The man whispered to himself.

This was the first time the agent had spoke even a word the whole time, it peaked his interest. His laptop was hooked to everything of the agents, allowing him to see the download and it's progress. He and headquarters would be the first ones to view the information. The bar hit 100%, showing the spreadsheet of illegal transactions, exactly what they had expected.

The tracker moved swiftly up to the rooftop, queuing the man to get in his own position.
He got up from his make shift desk where his laptop was set up and positioned himself with the sniper, looking through the scope. There were two men on the rooftop, he could tell they were armed by poorly disguised gun straps on their sides. One of them was smoking a cigarette. He figured they hadn't been radioed yet about the little "break in" by the agent, meaning she had eliminated any threats without one of them blowing the whistle.

Silent but deadly was a good trait to have.

But she made a mistake. Well two mistakes.

The man watched as the agent get startled by one of the men on the top of the roof, the only one in her view. Her second mistake was not noticing the second man, the one smoking the cigarette. That should have been her first indicator.

Through his scope, he saw the agent lunge towards the first man. She seemed skilled in martial arts, but still hadn't noticed the second man. 2 against 1.