19. Help

"[f/n]"

"[f/n]?"

You jerk your head up quickly, the light in the restaurant room blinding you for a few seconds, the figures of the people in front of you seeming distant and almost angelic. With your head throbbing, your surroundings seemed to turn into kaleidoscopes before you blink a few times to try to concentrate properly. After a long minute, you were able to assess the situation in front of you. Atsushi was there, standing with a stern look, and next to him, to your surprise, was Yosano, her analytical gaze making you self conscious of your state knowing she is a doctor. You quickly straighten yourself up, looking between Atsushi and Yosano, both unsure what to be expecting from you. Whatever their expectations were, you did not meet them.

"You threatened us knowing you're in this state?" Atsushi asks before you can get your thoughts together.

"I could still beat both your asses" you say with a confidence and attitude that did not match your look. Yosano scoffs, slamming on the table her medical bag and eyeing you with a calm impatience.

"Don't waste our time. What do you want?" Yosano demands, pushing Atsushi to the side.

You look at her and roll your eyes, turning away to cough, a slow shiver running up your spine.

"I need to know how the were-tiger got control of his ability. I need to know how he stopped it from consuming him."

Atsushi's eyes widen and Yosano pulls back and looks at him questioningly, like she didn't know what to make of your request.

"You threatened innocent people for that?"

"So what?"

Atsushi sighs, placing a hand in the table and glaring at you.

"We have no business with you, especially if you aren't here for the Port Mafia. I won't help you. Not after what you did to Tanizaki. Even Dazai didn't want to come see you."

Though you weren't exactly surprised, you couldn't say that hearing that Dazai didn't even offer to come made you wonder if you had finally bored him, if he finally realized you weren't a game. You couldn't tell what you wanted it to mean.

"I need to know. Please." You beg, a desperation you didn't realize you had in you coming out.

"No. I-" Atsushi starts, but Yosano interrupts him immediately, concern clouding her dark magenta eyes when she replied to you.

"Atsushi joined the agency. That's what helped him. That's what gave him control." She says, taking back her bag and turning to walk away, signalling that the conversation was over.

Seeing them both turn away, you got up from your seat with aggression, reaching for them to come back.

"Take me. Take me." You repeat to them, a panic rising in you when they refuse.

"She obviously got out of control...This fever is most likely an affect...It's on her"

"I'll make you take me." You suddenly say with a small deranged smile. "I'll prove to Akutagawa I can survive. I won't fail Chuuya" you add to yourself, walking to a table of strangers and tapping the couple, your dark blue glow surrounding them both. You take hold of their collars and throw them to the ground in front of the two horrified agency members. They hadn't seen you work on two people at the same time, and you didn't think they knew you could now.