5 - warm sparks, cold rain

"How many stars are there?" Beam asked Forth as he points in the nightsky.

They are both laying down on the shore in a beach resort in the country side. It was their anniversary and they wanted to celebrate it away from the city where only the waves can be heard.

"There's so many." Beam added.

Forth smiled as he stares at Beam, this was a side of Beam that most people will never get a chance to see. A childlike wonderment.

There was a dazzling haze in his eyes. It's almost like Forth can see the reflection of the nightsky in Beam's eyes.

Beam turned his gaze to Forth.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" He asked smiling, his dimples now visible.

It was one of Forth's favorite things about Beam, his smile. It would reach Beam's eyes and his dimple would appear.

"You're beautiful." Forth answered.

He received a playful punch in the chest as soon as he said that. Both laughed and it echoed in the dark.

With the love that they had before, no one would ever believe that they would end up where they are now. A feverish Beam shaking in fear at the medicine in Forth's hands.

"Shh.. Sshh.. It's for your headache. I promise. Now open your mouth." Forth had tried to pacify Beam.

Beam continuesly shake his head and whimper in defiance. Not an ounce of belief with the words coming from Forth's mouth.

Who could blame him? It had only been less than 48 hours that he had met Forth after three years and he already endured so much.

"Beam. Don't make me angry. Drink the damn medicine!" Forth's voice boomed and echoed in the entire house.

With reluctance, Beam reached out and slowly swallowed the medicine.

"Here, have some water." Forth assisted Beam in drinking so as to not spill any on him.

"Lay down and rest. I'll cook you some chicken and ginger rice porridge." He caresses Beam's hair gently while tucking him in with the thick blanket.

Few minutes had passed and while Beam was drifting in and out of sleep, Forth had carefully cooked him what he realized was Beam's first meal since he took him.

"Love.. Beam.. Can you sit straight? I'll feed you the porridge." He said in the kindest tones that he can.

Beam did just that. The aroma of the food had given him a bit of strenght to sit. He silently ate the food that Forth was feeding him. Forth made sure to blow the spoonful of porridge every time he offer it to Beam.

"You okay? Do you want some more?" He asked Beam.

"N-no." Was Beam's short answer before he laid down on the couch again.

"Okay. Get some sleep."

For the life of him, Beam could not sleep. He felt the headache fading away and most importantly he felt disturbed. Beam could feel something had sparked inside his chest just now. It happens everytime Forth would look at him or touch him or talk to him or just the mere sight of him.

An unbearable chilling cold had seep through Beam's blanket.

"F-forth.. F-forth.." He called out.

Rapid footsteps against the floor had dominated Beam's ears.

"Why? What happened? Are you hurt?" A panicking Forth had appeared in front of Beam.

"C-cold.. I'm cold." Beam answered, his teeth almost chattering.

"I'll get you some more blankets." Forth bolted in a run upstairs to retrieve two blankets.

"What about now? Are you warm enough now?" Forth had turned off the aircon and other fans.

"A little bit." Beam hugged himself.

In a swift lift of his shirt, Forth stood topless.

"W-what are you doing?" Beam asked, shocked and confused as to what Forth was up to now.

"I'll keep you warm." Forth answered as he squeezed in with Beam inside the cozy three layered blanket. Beam was forced to lay sideways and eventually had to use Forth's shoulder as his pillow. Beam was too weak to do anything about it.

Immediately, Forth wrapped his arms around Beam.

Forth was right, his body was literally hot. It started to warm Beam up as he leaned in closer to Forth. Closing his eyes, this was the comfort that Beam needs to sleep.

There it goes again. That spark that keeps igniting within his chest. Beam wondered if Forth could feel it too.

And Forth did. After all these years, he still does. His strong arms locked Beam even tighter and warmer. He's not letting go of him ever again.

Unconsiously in his sleep, Beam returned the embrace.

Forth could spend hours and hours just staring at Beam. Occassionally kissing him every now and then. Beam was asleep, he'll never know about it so Forth took the opportunity.

The wind outside was blowing away all the dried orange leaves and the rain had started to fall, it drips against the glass walls. Creating a sound all over the house.

It was getting dark.

Beam slowly opened his eyes and meets Forth's face, an inch away.

In his coarse, low and husky voice, Beam asked.

"Why are are you looking at me like that?"

Forth smiled before answering.

"You're beautiful."