Chapter 2

As you enter the cabin the overall feel is homey, something you haven't felt in a long time. You smiled as the scent of cinnamon filled your nose.

"Are you making something or does it always smell this good in here?" I ask with a slight laugh.

Steve chuckles and shakes his head. "Nah, we always have cinnamon air fresheners around. Bucky and I love cinnamon." He laughs and so does Bucky. "There's only two bedrooms and I currently occupy one of them. Is it alright if you guys stay in the same one? We have a cot as well." Steve asks.

"I guess that's fine." I say, looking to Bucky. He nods and walks down the hallway, already knowing the layout of the house.

He walks into a room with a queen size bed and a dresser. The nice homey feel welcoming me.

"Cute room." I say as I touch the wooden dresser.

Bucky smiles as he watches me look around. The room is mostly dark because it's almost night time. Bucky turned on a lamp beside the bed.

"I'm so tired." You say softly. "Sleeping in an actual bed would be nice." You sit on the bed.

"I'll sleep on the floor. You enjoy it." Bucky says kindly.

"Are you sure? I don't want you to-"

"It's fine, really." He opens the cot and sets it out.

"Okay.. is there any extra clothes I can borrow?" You ask.

"Yeah uhm.." he goes to a draw, picking out a shirt and some sweatpants. "Sorry if they're big." You thank him and go change in the bathroom.

When you come back Bucky is changed and sitting on the cot.

"Hi." You say randomly and quickly get into the bed. You hear him rustle onto his cot and you turn off the light.

After a while you close your eyes. Your mind flashes to the horrors of the facility. The whirring of the machine ringing in your ears. You cover your ears and sit up quickly.

"B-Bucky?" You say, breathing a little faster.

"Yeah?" He says from the cot.

"Do you- could you sleep up here?" The words fall out of your mouth.

"Oh.. only if you want." He moves on the cot.

"Yeah.. please." You say shakily. He gets up and walks to the bed. You move over and stay sat up. "I just.. got flashbacks and got scared."

"It's okay." He sits down and gets under the blanket.

You turn over and bite your lip softly. You feel the bed move and heat close to your back. He slowly puts his metal arm over you.

"Is this okay?" He asks softly.

"Y-Yeah." You blush and scoot closer to him. His arm holds you softly as you feel him pull you closer. You slowly shut your eyes and drift off to sleep.

-

It was late when you woke. The moon still out and the heat behind you was gone. You moved slightly and looked at the brunette as he sat up and was staring at his arm.

"Hey. You okay?" You say sleepily.

"Sorry, did I wake you?" He asks, still looking at his arm.

"No.. and you didn't answer my question."

"I just had a nightmare.. it's nothing.. sorry." He looks at you before he looks down.

"Hey.." you touch his metal arm, "you aren't gonna hurt anyone, okay?" He looks up at you.

"I just.. I feel like I will." He looks down again. You lean on his shoulder softly and he gasps softly.

"I'm sorry. I don't know what happened to you.. but I know what they've done to me.. and you seem like you had it worse." You pause and look up at him. "If it helps any, I'm here for you."

"Thank you y/n." He smiles softly and slowly lays back down. He puts his arm around you again and you hear his breathing slow to normal.

-

The next morning came soon and you were awoken by conversation.

"Damn why couldn't she have slept in my bed?" Sam says, Steve punches his arm and pushes him out of the doorway.

"They probably just fell asleep like that.. plus I don't think she'd fit with you on the couch. Steve says before leaving the doorway.

You open your eyes and move under Bucky's arm, slowly getting out of the bed.

"Uhg don't leaveee." Bucky groans and grabs your hand softly. You look back at him and he opens his eyes. "Oh.. sorry." He let's go and you blush softly.

"I think the boys are making breakfast." You say, changing the subject.

"Cool. Let's go then." He gets up and messes with his hair. "Ew.. I need a shower." You giggle softly as he whips his hair around.

"Okay Rapunzel lets go." He dies at that and follows you.

"Hey guys." Sam says slyly. "So did you guys like.. f-"

"Fondue?" Steve says before Sam could swear. Bucky starts dying of laughter behind you.

"Omg no. We both didn't feel safe sleeping alone, with our shared life experience.. so we slept in the bed." Bucky says, still laughing. You laughed softly and saw the two men walk back into the kitchen.

"What does fondue mean? Is it what I think.. because omg." You say back and turn.

Bucky is still. His gaze is lifeless and still. His pupils growing bigger. "Bu-"

He grabs you roughly by your throat with his metal arm and raises your body up. Your legs flailing as they no longer touch the ground. You claw at his arm and choke as the man continues to lift you up.

You choke loudly, "Steve!"

Sorry this is short. I lost inspiration because this chapter was also deleted so I had to re-write this. Chapter three is normal tho. Sorry for the cliffhanger. :)✌🏻