Prologue

Like most forests at night, the forest of Cambury was dark, only lit by the faint moonlight that snuck amongst the leaves of the trees. There was not a signal of human life so deep inside. Tonight, the forest was devoid of any camper who could have noticed the strange lack of nocturnal animals who so late into the night should be living their best moment, flying or trying to find something to eat before the sunlight sunk them into sleep.

A badger came running, its white skin shinning under the moonlight. The small animal approached the empty middle searching for something to eat. Its tiny nose sniffing everything around, ignoring the owl that had sat upon a branch not too far from it.

The sudden movement of the earth beneath him startled the animal who began running, standing behind a tree. The owl seemed to observe this with the utmost curiosity. The ground continued to shake until a hand came out of the earth cracking it open. The hand extended towards the moon, like a desperate man searching for oxygen.
A second hand followed soon after, doing the same peculiar motions. Both of the hands held onto the ground beneath them at each side until a body crawled out supported by them. Slowly coming out of the earth until it was standing straight, the body had a red stain in the middle and wore a black armor. His dark hair went down to his shin and was messy. His entire figure covered in dirt that was dusted off with one swift motion.

His blue eyes scanned the forest around him, skipping over the owl that hid in the shadows untrusting of the stranger who had come out of the ground. The stranger took notice of the entirety of his body feeling the place where the red stain was to discover an already healed scar. His hands then stopped on the sword at his right careful wrapped on its scabbard, pulling it out with one swift motion. He held it in his hands admiring how the old steel was glowing.

Returning the sword to where it was kept, he gave a few steps ahead, getting used to walking again after spending so long underground. Each step more confident than the one before until he was kneeling in front of the badger who, as if feeling the strange aura the stranger emanated, tried to withdraw until the man caught it swiftly with one hand movement.

"It's near, isn't it?" The man muttered, a twisted smile showing a row of perfect white teeth. He took one glove off picking up the creature that trembled, caressing it until it fell lifeless on his hand. "And I won't fail this time. After all, none of them can help anymore."

He threw the badger to the ground before taking his other glove off and putting his hands on the grass, trees twisting around him providing a roof; branches growing wider to avoid any curious eyes from above, the earth opened a hole that the stranger walked into before it closed above him. The trees returning to their original position, their foliage remaining the same.

The owl gave a hoot before flying away extending its wings towards the night.

Somewhere, in the middle of a small town in England, a woman was sleeping. As if she was feeling the ground open beneath her, she opened her eyes and rose from her bed. The full moonlight shining above her head as she looked through her bedroom's window in direction of the forest.

"My dear child. Your time has come sooner than expected" She mumbled turning her eyes to her bedroom's door, across from which a teenager slept peacefully.

AN:

I hope you enjoyed it! if you like it please consider giving it a vote or a comment, it would make my day! Thank you for passing by and reading and have a lovely day! Until next chapter!