Chapter 16

Morgana was trembling, her tear stained face unmovable, her eyes entirely focused on the floor, the guard held one hand over her shoulder. Holding it so tight it was beginning to hurt, but she didn't have the nerve to complain, unsure of what the guard could do if she dared to.

'It was an accident' she had said

'I didn't mean to' she cried but no one was there to listen to her, expect Uther who stared at her with disgust while he ordered his guards to hold her.

"Is this the new one?" the voice belonged to an adult woman, there was a tiredness and curiosity to her tone. Morgana felt her eyes looking at her with wonder. The knight's hand tightened, making the girl hiss, unable to hold the pain this time.

"Yes" The knight said, his grip loosening slightly "The king Uther Pendragon of Camelot sends her himself"

The nun rose an eyebrow, her mouth in a line.

"And what was her misdemeanor?" she questioned.

"She was observed engaging in inappropriate conducts" the guard spoke, Morgana bit her lower lip.

"Young man," the woman spoke, her voice stern and tired "that sole reason alone is why half of the girls are here, so I suggest you to be more specific so we can properly work on her issues and you can get out of my sight, I have more pertinent things to attend than King Uriel's guard" Morgana smile softly. The guard coughed, his mouth twisting.

"This is Lady Morgana Lefay, daughter of Gorlois and Igraine." The guard pushed Morgana forward and she stumbled, glad she was no longer under his grasp.

"Princess, don't you mean?" The nun questioned.

"Excuse me?"

"Well, as far as I'm concerned no one has taken after Gorlois unfortunate departure, that probably means Morgana remains a princess" the woman shrugged.

"Lady Morgana was seen doing magic, behind the king's back"

Morgana lifted her eyes to see the woman looking at her in pure curiosity. Her eyes were as green as hers were blue and they had a particular sparkle in them, it was the first time Morgana noted the woman was plump.

"Now we're getting somewhere." She sighed "You may leave the premises now, Morgana, come with me child, I'll show you your room"

"But I was ordered by..." The guard tried, the woman shot a stern look at him

"In case you've forgotten, we hold multiple members of high-born families in this place. More so, this place is not under Camelot's domains, Uther's words have no value here above any others, I am the high authority." The woman sentenced.

Morgana stared at the exchange with eyes wide open, the knight made a small bow before turning their backs onto the pair. The woman lowered to Morgana's level, a kind smile and her eyes bright with understanding.

"You are safe here, Morgana" She said softly beginning to walk, indicating Morgana to follow her.

"I thought you were going to try to correct me" the girl said trying to rush to her, matching her steps.

"No, no" She smiled in secrecy "Nobles send their daughters here to correct them, what we do is show them how to hide themselves enough to not raise any suspicions, I am afraid no one here is acquainted with magic, doesn't Uther have a magic boy?"

"Emrys, yes." Morgana nodded, wondering if he had noted her absence.

"Then why did he send you here then? He doesn't seem to have a particularly bad view on magic"