Chapter 13

"You can do this Ana, just, move the flag" Emrys spoke, one hand over the 13 year old's shoulder, his eyes and Morgana's eyes were focused on the training knights who were apparently playing a game of capture the flag.

"I'm not sure, Emrys" She hesitated, glancing at him feeling a strange heat in her cheeks at the proximity.

"Ana, you've got to stop doubting yourself" He sighed, lifting his hand "I want you to realize you can use your magic for something great. Like scaring a bunch of thickheaded knights" He smiled with pride pointing at the field.

"Is that what you do with your magic?"

"Sometimes." He shrugged.

"I wouldn't have expected it from you" She turned to him, crossing her arms in pretend disappointment, he raised an eyebrow.

"Hey, I have to see Uther's sickening face all day, some people hit wooden figures with a metal stick, others yell their lungs out at the servants for taking more than a moment to serve their meals, you and me? We can mess with people without them even realizing, also do some good like healing people, but messing with the knights is far more entertaining"

Morgana rolled her eyes "I usually go by the keep it inside approach". Isn't it mean to mess with them?"

"Don't see it as messing with them, See it as, pulling a prank on them. Everyone loves a good joke, plus you'll help the other team to win"

Morgana sighed, and with a movement of her hand, the flag was on the other side of them field, behind a puzzled knight who tried to figure out what had happened, yet, still taking advantage of the situation and taking it between his hands.

"Now what?" Morgana questioned watching Emrys smile amused as he peeked through the window.

"Now... We go to the kitchen" He turned on his heel, with Morgana following shortly after him, her eyebrows with a puzzled expression.

"But Miss Adelina has a strict no one gets in policy" She reasoned, walking besides Emrys, whose green eyes shone with mischief.

"I know" Emrys nodded "That's what's going to make stealing pastries so fun" Morgana gave a single nod, turning to him with disbelief.

"Wait" She stared at him, eyebrows raised "you always told me you negotiated with Miss Adelina for them"

"I lied" He shrugged

"You lying little shit" She crossed her arms, stopping when a guard walked past her, giving her a small bow.

"No one is perfect" Emrys admitted as soon as the guard turned on a corner. "I might be a liar, but at least I don't stink as much as you do"

"You wish you smelt like I do, freaking horseshit"

"That language m'lady" He began walking, and she followed after him, stopping when he did "Such a foul mouth for such a young maiden. You'll end up a spinster if a gentleman ever hears you" Morgana rolled her eyes mocking his words.

"You've heard me say that and worse, bloody cockalorum"

"You are correct, young ninnyhammer, yet, you should know by now. I am no gentleman" He stopped when he collided against a table with a flower vase on it, whining in pain as Morgana laughed as the vase crashed against the floor. "Oh, no. The vase fell, I suppose this is the perfect opportunity for you to fix it and learn quickly before anyone sees, is it not?" He tried to brush off pointing at it.

"I hate you, fucking dickhead"

"You wish"

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.