Chapter Three

~Monday 7th January 2013~

"I wasn't terrorizing him, we were just having a nice little conversation, weren't we, angel?" Malcolm's expression didn't alter in the slightest at his friend's poor lie, always able to detect the mischief in the vampire's expression and tone.

"You don't do nice, Rei, leave us alone, alright?" Reivon rolled his eyes, leaning down to press a swift kiss to the boy's cheek, chuckling at the gasp and flush of colour he caused.

"I'll see you around, angel, come find me if you think any more about my offer," Reivon strode from the room, winking at the nervous-looking boy.

"I apologise for him, he's harmless really," Malcolm said with a sigh, stepping around the frozen boy, "would you like a coffee, since I'm making?"

"Y-Yes, please," the boy whispered, turning around to face Malcolm slowly, his eyes still wide. Malcolm took a moment to examine the boy, he was prettier than he had expected. He didn't look like the typical angel; bathed in white and awfully naive. He looked... well, he looked exhausted for one. Malcolm could see the fatigue hidden in his hazel eyes, not to mention the caffeine running through the boy's veins. Someone had trouble sleeping.

"Don't faint, it'll only spur him on," Malcolm cleared his throat, forcing himself to look away from the boy and collect two mugs, "you must be Eden," Malcolm's smile slipped onto his face with ease as he extended a hand to the boy, "Malcolm Reed," the boy hesitated for a moment, his eyes scrutinizing Malcolm just as much as the latter had done to him.

"I don't faint," Eden flashed a brief smile at Malcolm as he shook his hand, "your friend seems... interesting," Malcolm chuckled, trying not to think about how smooth the boy's hand had been, or how just that curt smile had made his cock twitch. That certainly wasn't very professional of him.

"Reivon seems to believe that everyone who comes here wants him to drink from them, he's incessant. Nevertheless, he's a businessman, he won't make a move without consent."

"Does he drink from you?" Malcolm didn't quite manage to suppress the smirk that lifted the corners of his mouth, this boy was going to be a challenge to be around.

"On occasion, if I give in to his nagging, yes," Malcolm collected the milk from the fridge, "milk or sugar?" he asked, putting a little milk into his own mug.

"Just sugar, please, two teaspoons. Is it difficult working with a vampire?" Malcolm looked up from the mugs, meeting Eden's gaze, a little shocked to see the boy hold eye contact with him.

"You sound like the reporters downstairs," Malcolm remarked, passing the boy his coffee, "should I be worried?"

"No," that pretty smile returned to the boy's face, and that rouge stained his cheeks once again, "I'm sorry, I've just not been around many vampires before."

"Rei is quite the example. And no, it's not difficult to work with him, he's very skilled in what he does. Being friends with him, however, can have its share of challenges. Like right now, he can hear every word we're saying, and no doubt I will be interrogated about it once you leave," Malcolm averted his eyes elsewhere when Eden's bottom lip caught between his teeth, "shall we?" trying his best to ignore every little aspect of that boy that nearly set him off, Malcolm led Eden back to his office, noticing the shift in his demeanour upon seeing Corinne already sat in there. Malcolm merely observed for a second as Eden sat down next to his mother, passing her the bottle of water, not even seeming to hold eye contact with her for very long. There was certainly something there to be explored.

"It's lovely to meet the both of you," Malcolm said politely as he settled himself at his desk, "I would like to first begin with expressing my condolences for your loss. I happen to be very close with my little brother, he actually works with me every day, so I couldn't imagine losing him. And I have no children, I couldn't begin to comprehend that type of pain."