Chapter 17

It was 3:00AM, and my garbaged mind couldn't stop oscillating around the same thoughts and questions that might've carved themselves on it. It's all still unbelievable and I feel quite betrayed. I feel like Caleb's been hiding this from me since we met.

That's the biggest issue. Why did he did this to me if he really wanted to protect me?! Again, the same thing!

Well this might sound as a simple thing, but considering your criminal minded sibling carrying a gun in her not so suspectable purse should make you alarm the specific people that had been pointed the gun at.

Leaving a deep sigh, I slowly climb out of my bed and crawl towards the kitchen. I take in a few gulps of water trying to shrug off the stupid chaos in my mind when something struck it hard.

Daniel.

He's the key to all this mess. If it hadn't been for him, Emily would never threaten me, if it wasn't for their affair, I wouldn't have broken up with him. She thinks that I'm trying to get him back but in fact it's totally the opposite.

I really hate to say this but now I must talk to him. I need to meet him. He's the only person right now with all my answers. Maybe not all but I could at least get to know about Emily more, and possibly Caleb too.

With this thought in mind I hurried to my bedroom and grabbed my not so attended phone. The first thing caught my eye was Caleb's message. My inbox was loaded with his messages as well as the call log.

'Please Lorraine, I beg you to answer. I'm so worried about you.'

'I'm sorry about my mum's behavior and I really want to make up to you.'

'I'm at your door. Please come out and hug me, I really need to know if you're okay or not.'

'Lorraine don't do this, you can be mad at me for as long as you want but at least let me explain everything and be with you.'

And some more apologies. Maybe I should sit and listen to what Caleb has to explain. He might have hidden everything from me but other than that, even after knowing everything about me and Daniel, I should hardly find his fault. He's great friend I've had in years, I really like to spend time with him. And that tempting kiss we shared the other day....

Ugh! Focus!!

This is not the right time to be romantic again, I would really like to get out of this mess as soon as possible. But shouldn't Caleb be given a chance to explain his side! I've heard him defend me even behind my back, that proves his loyalty for me. Then again, he still hid this massive truth about his sister when he knows our relation so far. I guess I should first talk to Daniel about all this and let's see where this leads to.

I search for his contact and text him. I'm not even concerned about the time right now or if he's asleep or awake, I just want to convey this to him.

'Hey! I want to meet you, it's urgent. Could you free some time for me tomorrow?!'

I plop back in my bed clicking back in time when we used to have late night video calls whenever he was out of town. When will the happy and normal days come again, I wonder!

An immensely unexpected beeping occurred in my phone and I wasted no time in checking it. It was a message from Daniel. At least one thing went right this day. But why's he awake at this hour?! Is he drinking or something? I opened the message and a teensy bit of relief washes over me.

'Sure. We'll meet at 10 in the morning at the cafe we used to go before.'

An unexpected blush made its way to my cheeks thinking about our times together there. I still didn't forget that place, it was one of my favorites. Another message popped up before I could reply.