Out At Sea Arc (IV)

WARNING! Mentions of slaves! If that makes you uncomfortable you may want to skip this chapter and any other one with this warning. I would like to clear, when I say slaves, I mean anyone. Prisoners of war, bounties, regular innocents, demigods, hybrids, princes and etc...

Recap: You are heading to the Grand Arena, a place to watch fighting as entertainment and even submit your own gladiators. You will stop by an island on the way and Damien pissed you off so you are making him fight as well. Harry is trying to get on your good side and part of the crew, you said you would think about it and your oh so loving first mate Louis, a skeleton, is worried for your well being aka sleep.

------------

You woke up with a groan and sat up, stretching your back and arms. You rubbed your eyes to get the sleep out and yawned.

Of course, being in the captain's quarters since you are the captain, your bed was king sized with a memory foam mattress that you sunk back into, staring at the ceiling.

Light shone in through the three windows in the room, you took a moment to catch up on life and what happened yesterday. "Ugh..that was the best sleep I've had in a while, but damn do I feel lazy." You mumbled to yourself. Still, even if you felt lazy and tired, old habits die hard, meaning once you were awake you had to get up and get ready for the day.

What you did not know was that you slept in for the day, missing breakfast. Your crew never fed the captives without your say so, hungry cries were heard from the cells below deck on the last floor.

You dressed in your normal outfit, wrapping your belt with your sheath and sword around your waist. Your hat hung from a coat rack near your door, grabbing your pirates hat and adjusting a few parts of your outfit, you opened the door onto the deck and closed your eyes, basking in the sun. That was then when you realized that the sun was out and you overslept, causing slight panic in you as you have never overslept.

You made your way into the kitchen, where you saw the meals for the prisoners already made. Your lovely chef had already prepared the meals for the prisoners, a fine slice of steak and corn on the side. What can you say? You love your steak and you can't have your fighters starved and out of shape for the Grand Arena.

A few skeletons grabbed the the plates and followed you down to the cells on your ship.

It was already lunch so the captives were wide awake and starving. "Hello, my fighters! These coming two days may be your last and may be the best! You shall receive your meal and after you are all finished eating, a guard will escort you to your death..oh excuse me..I meant the deck." With a quick evil smile, you spun around and strutted back up to the deck.

You snapped your fingers, causing a (f/c) cushioned decorative couch appear as you sat down. "Bring me Harry." You waved off a crew member.

Louis stood behind you with a knowing look, as much as a skeleton could make a face. "Bringing the King up?" He chuckled.

"Oi, you may be my first mate but I won't hesitate to throw you off the ship." Of course, both of you were teasing each other, but that didn't stop the rookie souls to shiver in fear.

Louis patted your head. "Sure, sure, captain. You and your skinny little arms."

You swatted his hand off your head and glared at him. "I do not have skinny little arms!" You flexed and slapped your bicep muscle. "See!! Look at these guns!"

While you were trying to convince Louis you weren't a twig, your crew member had brought Harry up. He watched you with an amused smirk on his face. "Flexin' are you?" His scottish accent interrupting your bickering.