Pilot (2)

Jessica P.O.V

Jessica was very nervous on meeting her family after her time on Lian Yu, the person she was most nervous and also excited to meet was Laurel. Before the island, she was very close to her sister but the circumstances they got missing and presumbed dead was also running through her mind.
When they reach the place, she was fast in taking the wooden box ( like one with Oliver in Pilot ) before her father. They got infront of the apartment, she thought in her mind "That's it Jessica it will not be that bad" and when her sister opened the door, she was going through many emotions mainly happy but was not showing it through her face and said "Laurel". She could see through her sister face she was feeling the same thing as her but can't keep a straight face and then she did something she wasn't expecting, she tightly hugged her saying " I missed you, Jess". "I missed you too" all Jessica could say then she noticed something missing and which raised her brows which her father noticed and calmly said " Your mother and I are not together anymore, but she is coming tomorrow from the first flight she could get and she can't wait to see her little girl". After listening this she don't want to talk and ask for one thing she missed the most on the island as a girl "Can someone show me a bathroom where I can shower, God knows how much I missed it". Laurel just let giggle of laughter and show her the bathroom. In the bathroom seeing herself on the mirror just one thought got to her head after five years everything that once was familiar wasn't so familiar anymore. She changed into cloths Laurel had given her but still couldn't get herself ready for dinner she thought to herself. Also she was thinking how Oliver was doing without her and was worried that he doesn't do something stupid without her there to clean his mess up which she was doing for five years.
On the instance of her father that it has been a long time they have not have family dinner and she has not eaten good food not that she was complaining, they decided to go to a authentic Chinese restaurant. Laurel sensing the silence decided to ask the question " What do you missed let me guess, you don't watch sports so it doesn't matter but you have lot to catch up on pop culture you will not believe how much it has changed and huh.. Black president that new". "What was it like there ?" Quinten asked. "Cold and without good food service" all she could answer sensing it has become an awkward moment. A waiter carrying some drinks slip on something and Jessica with quick reflexes caught the drinks tray and the man from falling, the waiter started to apologize but Jessica quickly said "Méiguānxì, xià cì yào xiǎoxīn" to the waiter. "Since when you can speak Chinese" her father asked with surprised face, "In college, never though I thought, I will still remember it" she answered with straight face and with that all she wanted to do was to talk to Oliver to see if he hasn't done something stupid so she finally asked "Can we drive through Queen Manor and also if possible can I stay there". "Why" all her father could say while feeling angry, at that moment Laurel want intervene and say something he would regret later. Jessica was although conflicted to spill her secret and one of the reason she was on that damn boat but she thought there would never be right time so she decided to go ahead with it. "I want to say something to you two" she muttered , "Please don't say you and that son of bitch are in some kind of dating and are in love" her dad said with an angry face. "You got to be kidding me, that never going to happen, that's impossible" she said in angry tone. "Why is that impossible?" Quinten asked, she took a breath looking at her dad and sister and answer "That because I am gay Dad, I like girls so if after this you two see me as some kind of abomination that okay but don't you dare insult my brotherly relation with Oliver. He was with only person with me that cared for me all those five years, so its obvious that we develope some kind of bond and in this case it brother sister bond". Both Laurel and Quinten was surprised by this revelation but Laurel finally said clearing the air "Why do you think we will see u as an abomination, I don't know about dad but I don't care about who you like romantically although it will be wired to think you to date. But you are still my sweet nerdy sister who used to love what is happening in pop culture" and with that hugged her. Her dad also decided to say something " You think this will change something in our feeling toward then you are idiot,I will still love you forever no matter who you date" and hugged both of them. For Jessica it was too much emotional so she finally decided its enough for one day " Okay, I will not go to meet Oliver today but can I at least call him. Please dad". Feeling defeated her dad opened his phone and called the Queens saying something she didn't bother to listen. She listen Oliver saying "Hello" which make her snatched the phone from her dad's hand "Ollie how are you,tell me did everything was fine today or you did something stupid like you always do" she said, "Slow down J, everything went kind of smooth and Tommy was talking about going out tomorrow to explore the city so I did said to him that you will also join us although I didn't ask you but I have a feeling you will come". "Ofcourse I will come and you know that but what do u mean by 'kind of smooth'?" Jessica said, "Oh lets not discuss about me did you tell them about that main thing or you chickened out". Jessica let out a annoyed smile on her, knowing she not getting the answer from him she want. "I did it but did not got the reaction I thought I would get, but most annoying thing was my father thinking that I am doing dirty with you". Oliver become silent one for minute and then started to laugh saying "That would be so wrong on so many levels and basically impossible even if I be last person on the planet still you wouldn't do it". Jessica had a smile on her face, after five years he was only one who could get some small kind of smile on her face. She also noticed the expression her father and sister were having seeing her so she decided to talk to him in details tomorrow "So got to go, I will meet u in the Queen manor tomorrow morning." she asked which Oliver agreed and she cut the phone and return her father phone back to him. "So I am staying with Laurel, so lets go because I am feeling tired" Jessica barked order to her sister and dad. Quinten not wanting to discuss anything agreed and drop them at Laurel's apartment.

Laurel P.O.V

Laurel was really feeling mixed bag of emotions right now, on one hand she was happy that her sister was back alive and somewhat of sad-angry seeing her sister be so close to Oliver than her but she was pushing those feelings aside for now although she was going to talk about that issue later with her.
"So my apartment is really small, I know but you can take the bed and I will sleep on the couch" she said to her sister who was looking at her apartment. Jessica getting out of whatever she was looking at said " Two things, One this has not changed in five years and Second I will take the couch you take the bed", seeing Laurel was getting annoyed she continued "Sis, the couch will be better that most thing I had slept in for last five year so you go sleep in your bed please". Laurel although still annoyed but thought it will be better not to push agreed and after making arrangements for her got to sleep in her room saying " About the apartment being the same, I hardly had time to change anything Jess". Laurel although went to sleep but many things were running things were going on her head and one of those was that she had to talk to Jessica about what happened on that island she was in with Oliver and how she can help her sister heal. She just wanted her youngest sister back who was sweetest person she knew five years ago and what she saw today, she could see that it was not that 'Jess' that was at the dinner. Also there was another thing she had loss one sister but she was not going to lose another one, no matter what she had to do.
Also outside weather was also not helping, as it was raining hard with thunder strike which was not her favorite. Then she heard strange noises from hall, so she decided to check it out. When she reached there she was shocked to saw Jessica on the floor muttering something. Laurel quickly thought she was having some kind of nightmare so she decided to try wake her up, trying to shake her up so she could wake up. Suddenly Jessica opened her eyes and flipped her and did some kind of karate chop on her throat, then she notice it was Laurel so she released her and got away from her " I am so so so sorry" Jessica started to muttered. Laurel seeing how disturbed her sister was finally siad recovering "Don't worry Jess, you are home. You are finally home" reaching her hand to her youngest sister. At that time only one thought was going Laurel head 'WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO HER SISTER ON THAT ISLAND'.