Damaged

This chapter contains mention of some mature context .

Jessica POV

The police they know who we are. They think Oliver is the Hood and I’m the Mrs. Hood. The people terrorizing the city’s criminals. They also think they have us trapped that we have no way out. They are only half right.

Oliver and Jessica were handcuffed to the interrogation table. My dad and Detective Hilton was sitting across from them. “This is a mistake” Oliver told him.

“ I’ll be asking you a few questions, standard stuff for the report,” dad told us. “Have you two been arrested before? That’s okay, I know the answer to that one. One is arrested plenty of times and another one never”.

“Like my friend Oliver said, this is a mistake” I told him with amused look on my face while continuing “We are not who you think we are”.

“Oh, you are exactly who I think you are” Dad told us while continuing “You’re dangerous menaces who don’t care about who they hurt, except now you are doing it with bows and arrows instead of trust funds and yachts. Far as I can tell, the only mistake I made was trusting the two of you”.
“You still letting the boat thing blind you”  Jessica asked.

“I think that it’s coincidental that both of you return to Starling City and then the vigilantes appear along with you” Hilton told us. “Detective you hate me” Oliver told him with stoned expression while continuing “Don’t take it out on your daughter. It doesn’t make any of us vigilantes.”

“No, the security camera footage of you two at the Unix auction with hood does that pretty well” Dad told him.

“And as I and he said, he ran into stairwell and I outside once the shooting started” I told them while getting annoyed “We saw a duffel that we both thought maybe belong to the shooter. We grabbed it, looked inside, and saw hoods in both of them”.

“And what, you took them home with you? Cause we can’t find it” Hilton asked.

A police officer walked in “Queen’s family is here”

“Tell them to wait” Dad told him. Moira walked in “I want to see my son and your daughter” while Thea followed her.

“I’m in the middle of an introduction here” Dad told them. “Detective Lance, I know you hate my family, but I had no idea that you’d go so far to arrest my son and your daughter who I also think of as my own daughter without any grounds whatsoever” Moira told them.

My dad still try to stood “We have solid grounds, and we have evidence.”

“Which you can present to their attorney when he gets here. Until then, this interrogation is over, Detectives.” Moira told them. Dad and Hilton looked at them “Sure, you have 15 minutes.”. They walked out leaving.
Thea looked at Oliver and I “He has no right to do any of this to either of you.” Oliver answered “Yes, he does. He blames me for death of Sara and he hates Jessica because she staying with us after what happened to Sara.”.

Jessica sighed “My dad also think that we play Halloween every night. That Oliver and I shoot people with arrows.”

“The important thing is not to say anything until your attorney gets here” Moira told them.

“Fine, we want Laurel” Oliver told them. Thea scoffed while saying “Brilliant” sarcastically while I smirked at their reaction.

“Oliver..” Moira trailed off “I don’t think your ex girlfriend can be counted on to be objective here”

“She knew me better than anyone before than anyone before the island” Oliver told them. “She knows that I could never be this guy. Lance has a vendetta. I think Laurel can get him off of it and with added bonus of helping her sister Jessica. He raised her to do the right thing. That includes believing in innocent people. So, Mom, please”.

“Ollie’s right”, if anyone can talk my dad off this vendetta against us… it’s Laurel.”

Nodding they left the room, I knew Oliver has a plan but I have a small amount of doubt on me after what has happened in those last five years and my dad being arresting officer that she will represents us.

Next day at courthouse me and Oliver were sitting at the defendants table while the others were sitting in row behind us.

The guard read from the paper “Docket 81941, People vs Oliver Queen and Jessica Lance. Murder, aggravated assault, assault with attempt, menacing and trespassing”
The judge asked us “Where’s your attorney, Queen and Lance?”. “We are representing ourselves, judge”  I told her. “I am not sure that’s the wisest course, Miss Lance” the judge replied. I still stood “I think it is. We’re innocent”.

“Then we’ll consider that your plea” judge told us while Oliver said “Thank you” and we sat down. Judge asked “Now as to bail?”

The opposition lawyer Kate Spencer stood “Your honor, the Queen family owns a pair of private jets and well on the subject of their wealth, I would point out that they taken in Jessica Lance supporting her financially and there is virtually no bail amount that can guarantee their presence at trail.”

Just then Laurel walked in “So, I guess it’s a good thing that the people’s case is so circumstantial” continuing while walking to our table while everyone including our dad who was shocked “Dinah Laurel Lance, your Honor. I’d like to file my appearance on behalf of the defendants”. Oliver slid over to other seat next to me. Laurel placed down her briefcase on the table “The Queen’s wealth and how they use it support others should not deprive them of the right to be released on bail while under the presumption of innocence”.

“They are a flight risk” Kate argued.
“Then minimize the risk” Laurel told them while I was happy to see her at work which I haven’t done in a long time my expression change at what she said next “The defendants are willing to submit to home confident and electronic monitoring through the wearing of UKG45 administrated ankle device”

“Sold” The judge replied while Kate trailed off “Your honor..”.

“Bail is set at $15 million, $5 million bond. Defendants to see probation for fitting of two GPS devices”.

Laurel sat down while Oliver smirked “I knew you couldn’t resist saving our asses”.

Laurel replied “You’re going to make me regret this, aren’t you?” while I replied this time “No this will be like old times You and Ollie together while you saving my ass from my dad”.

“Fortunately for you two with the legal case, there’s no way that you two are the vigilantes” Laurel told us.

While Oliver nodded she continue “Because they’re actually trying to make a difference and we both know that’s not really your style”. I knew Oliver was more hurt by the remark than he shows.

Later at Queen Manor..

We were sitting in the living room while the officer was fastening the ankle devices onto legs. While Thea, Moira, Tommy, my Dad and Walter was standing around us.

“Moira, it’s no that bad” I told her. “Okay, these devices have a direct line into the precinct, stay on the property, you’re golden. Any question?” the officer told us.

“Yes, we’re having a sizable get together here tomorrow evening and there is a better than likely chance it spills into the outdoor pool” Oliver asked him.

“Pool, that’s fine. Step on the grass, they’re sending a SWAT team to forcibly subdue you.” Officer replied. “And I’ll be with him” my Dad said while I look at him with angry look.

“Thank you, Detective and officer” Walter told them while he led them out, leaving. Moira looked at us “A ‘sizable get together’?”.

“We’re confined to this house for the foreseeable future. We might as well make them the most of it. And this party is gonna be themed. I’m thinking prison, uh, ‘Shawshank Redemption’. The invite says “Come before Oliver Queen and Jessica Lance get off” Oliver answered.

“Maybe a party’s not in the best of taste, you know considering the circumstances”. Tommy told us sitting next to Oliver.

“Tommy, the circumstances are why we’ve having the party in the first place. Ollie and I want people to know that we’re not worried about any of this.” I told them.

Later we were at Oliver’s bedroom talking to each other when there was a knock at the door. “Yeah?” Oliver called while John walked in “Thank you for coming. Shut the door”

John sighed, closing the door walking closer “I guess it was just a matter of time before the police caught up with you.”

“Except they didn’t” I told him. “Jess, they got you and Oliver on video” Dimple replied. “We knew the security camera was there, just like we knew the police would review the footage and arrest us. All part of our plan” Oliver told him.

“So you two wanted to get arrested” Dimple asked us.

“Well, we came to Startling City and a few days later the vigilantes appear.” I told him while Oliver continue my sentence “Sooner or later, somebody was going to make the connection.”

“So what part of serving yourselves up to cops will help you avoid going to prison for the rest of your lives?” John asked us.

“There’s more to it” Jess told him.

“Well there better be for your sake because there is a family is freaking out downstairs. Oliver your mother and sister just got you back while Jess you father and sister are fighting to each other and also your father has to arrest you and now you’re going to put them through a trial, maybe even worse? Don’t you care?” Diggle tell us.

“Of course we care but The Mission come first” Oliver told him while I turned his laptop displaying information of a man.

“Who is he?” Diggle asked us.

“Leo Mueller, German arms dealer. Suspected in the theft of hundred M249 squad automatic weapons.” Oliver told him.

“Okay” Diggle said while I continue what Oliver was telling him “Last night, he arrived in Starling City to sell the guns”.
“Don’t you imagine there’s enough trouble you’re in this week than to go after this guy?” John asked us.

“I imagine what would happen if a street gang got there hands on military grade hardware. I imagine our city’s street turned into a war zone. How would you three like to help me shadow Muller? Help me track his movements? I want to know where the buy is happening and we are going with or without you” Oliver replied.

“And how are you supposed to track him?” John asked us.

“Well, you know us billionaire vigilantes. We do love our toys.” Oliver told him while smirking a big grin on his face.

The next day me and Oliver were sitting at police interrogation room with Laurel, my dad and Kate Spencer.

“Thank you all for coming” Kate said. “ No thank you. Its nice to get out of the house.” I told her.

“I’ll cut right to it. Detective Lance here arrested your client without consulting the DA office first. So congratulation. We’re willing to consider a plea in this case” Kate said while looking at Laurel.
Oliver and I shook our head and said at same time “Absolutely not” while Laurel gave us a look.

“Oliver and Jessica spent many years in seclusion on a deserted island, cut off from civilization. It is quiet possible they’re suffering from some form of post traumatic stress. Given that we would support a plea of insanity. Conditional on a period of indeterminate incarceration at a psychiatric facility” Kate told us while I scoffed.

“No thank you. We’re not crazy” I told her.

“Finally something we agree on after a long time. They’re not nuts. They’re menaces” my dad told us while Laurel gave him a look.

“Actually, we’re neither” Oliver told him. “There is nothing you can say to me that I would believe” my dad replied.

“We’ll take a polygraph” I told them with Oliver nodding at my answer making Laurel turned to us “Uh, polygraph are inadmissible”.

Oliver interrupted her “In front of Jury” then nodded to mg dad “We’ll take a polygraph in front of him. He’s the one who needs convincing”
Kate looking at us then at my dad and said “We should give them a minute”.

Laurel stood and started pacing “You two are looking at life in prison. What Kate Spencer just offered you both is a gift”.

“We are no crazy, we are innocent” I told her.

“I kind of want to take polygraph and if we take it and fail, then.. We will consider making a deal” Oliver told him.

“Fine” Laurel told them. “I’ll set up polly. And I will tell Spencer we’re not pleading out. But Oliver both you and Jessica have family, friends. People who actually care about you two. So don’t for one second think you two are the only people with something to lose here” she sigh “ I’ll be right back.”

Laurel walked out, leaving us alone. While Oliver look at me saying “She was looking at you this whole time”.

“I know” I told Oliver knowing what he was pointing when Laurel looked at me specially during that family part.

Later at the Queen mansion I notice Oliver was talking to Thea while she was showing the arrowhead he gave to her when we came back.

So I decided to interrupt them “Oh I told you Oliver we should have buy that shot glasses with pandas on it when we were at that mall in Beijing at least then everybody think were in the panda club.”

Listing this Thea began to laugh.

Thea said “You know, I knew you two couldn’t be these people..” we both nodded at that while she continue “I just … can’t lose you two again.”

I nodded understandingly “Deal.”
The next day we sitting with Laurel by our side preparing for the polygraph.

My dad was setting up polygraph “Is your name Oliver Queen and Jessica Lance”.

“You don’t know who I am dad” I asked.

“The question are to calibrate the polygraph.” Dad explained and continue “is you name Jessica Lance and Oliver Queen”.

“Yes” we both answer.

“Were you you both born in Starling city on May 6th 1985 and Feb 11th 1987?” dad asked.

“Yes” we both answer.

“Is your hair blue” dad asked.

“No” we both answer.

“Have you ever been to Iron Heights Prison?” dad asked

We both looked at them steadily “No” “Yes”.

After hearing yes from me Oliver looked at me “What? Dad took me and Sara there once to warn what will happen if don’t follow good path”.

My dad let out a small smile while Laurel looked at Oliver curiously.

Dad picked up the sketch of the Arrow and Arrowette “Are you two this man and woman in these pictures”

We both shook our head and said “No”.

Dad looked at the technician who nodded indicating we are telling the truth or not.
Dad sighed “You steal 40 million dollars from Adam Hunt?”

“No we did not” I answer that for both of us.

“Were you both marooned on an island called Lian Yu for five years?” Dad asked.

“Yes” we both answer.

“How is that relevant?” Laurel asked.

“I don’t need to show relevance, but since you asked, whatever happened to both your clients on that island turned them into cold blooded killers” dad told her while continuing “The physician that examined you two reported that that 20% of Oliver and 24% of Jessica body were covered in scar tissue”.

“The machine won’t work unless you ask a question” Laurel told him while looking at me with surprise.

“Did that happen to you two there?” Dad asked.

“Yes” I answered for both of us while looking at Dad straight into his eyes.

“When you two came back you told everyone that you two were alone on that island, are you claiming that your scars were… self inflicted?” Dad asked.

“No” I answered with me getting angry while knowing Oliver doesn’t want to answer it while continuing “We weren’t alone. We didn’t want to talk about what happened to us on the island.”

“Why not” Dad asked.

“Because the people on that island tortured us in every way possible” Oliver answered.

Laurel looked at us with concern which broke my patience which Oliver noticed and tried to stop me.

“Don’t stop there Oliver, he want to know what happen there tell him..” I was telling him.

“What” Dad and Laurel both asked at same time.

So I continue “The people there raped me”.

Which brought surprise and concern to both Laurel and my Dad faces while Oliver was trying to give me comfort by keeping his hand on my thighs.
But still dad return to our polygraph “Have you killed anyone?”.

Oliver and me both knew that we both wouldn’t be able to pass that question with a lie so he said “Yes. When I asked your daughter Sara to come on my father’s Yacht with me Jessica. I killed your daughter”

“No you didn’t Oliver, it was my plan to invite Sara to your Father’s yacht with us and to answer to your question. Yes I killed people. People who tortured me and raped me. I killed every one of them.” I told them which brought surprised again to both my father and Laurel faces while Laurel looked down.
“We are done here” Laurel said while we took the wires off our skins, standing walking out.

Later that night our planned jail themed party was at swing.

We motioned the DJ to stop the music and stepped on the platform.

“Hey, everybody” I told them while they cheered. “I’m very touched that you came to celebrate with me and Oliver before we are sent up the river. Closest neighbors are six miles away, so don’t worry about the noise. Actually, on second thought let’s wake those losers up!”.
We raised our glasses, cheering while everyone did the same and we hopped of the platform.

We walked toward Diggle.

“If you think this is what prison’s like, you are in for rude awakening” Diggle told us. While I showed my phone “Mueller’s car has been parked in the warehouse district of the Glades for 45 minutes”.

“Yeah, that’s good place for an arms deal. Okay so with this thing going down tonight, what do we do, drop a dime with the cops?” Diggle said.

“No the man in the hood and girl in the blue. They are going to stop them.” I told him

“You and Oliver can’t leave the house, Jess” Diggle told me.

“It doesn’t have to be us under the hood “ I told him.

Diggle chuckled “That’s why you two threw this ridiculous party? So you have a hundred witnesses placing you two at the house for your alibi while I am across town being a vigilante like you two?”

“We thought it would be good enough for you to be seen in the hood and my hologram would do the work for me. We didn’t count on Mueller showing up and we didn’t count on Glades to be flooded with machine guns. Look I promise, it was never our intention to put you in the harms way” I told him.

“Jess, I didn’t think joining your crusade was ever going to be risk free. I just don’t like being played. Now you and Oliver might have gotten used to lying to everyone else in your life, but I am the guy neither of you lie to”.

“You are right. I am sorry. But you don’t have to do anything except to be seen in hood with my hologram projector in the hideout.” I told him.

“Well then what I am waiting for? I got to stop an arms deal.” Diggle told me while leaving.

After some time me and Oliver was walking through the foyer for drinks. After we took our drinks we saw Laurel walking over.

“Hello, do we have a legal meeting or something? Because I have friends over.” Oliver told her.

“Do you think maybe you two can tear yourself from this inappropriate theme rave for couple of moments? Laurel asked.

While Oliver nodded I shook my head no and got out of there.

She got to her room drinking alone while Thea knocked on her door “Jess”.

Jessica placed her drink down “Hey, Thea come on in close the door”.

Thea asked “Are you okay, I hear about your scars, torture and that other thing?” while I scoffed she continue “What happen to you two on that island was far more than you deserved. And I didn’t asked you before I have seen Oliver’s scars but I want to see yours. I need to see it. Please I just want to be with you”.

Jessica and Thea has always a special relationship since they met, Thea was one of few friends that saw Jess for who she is not anything else. They used to share everything before the island and even used to protect her when someone was messing with her or she did some mistake.

Jessica asked “Are you sure?”

“Yes” Thea answered although Jessica was hesitating removed the stress of her dress to lower her top of her prison themed dress for the party showing Thea the scars all over her body. Thea was in shock walking closer. There was a moment when they looked at each other. Jessica looked down trying  not to show how much the scars got to her head still. Thea was still in shock “How did you survive this? This is more scars than Oliver, how did you two survive?”

“There were times when we wanted to die” Jessica told her while continuing “In the end, there was something we wanted more. We wanted to come home”.

There was so much tension in the room but suddenly there was knock on the door. They both got of the trance they were in and Jessica wore her dress back while Thea opened the door noticing it was Oliver  who said “ Hey jess.. wait Thea where is Jess?”.

“Yeah she is here” Thea asked so Oliver notice the expression and said “Tell her to meet in my room we have to talk about something” after that left for his room.

After sometime Jessica reached Oliver room where he was talking to Diggle on the phone when he said to her “Vigilantes One, Gangbangers Zero”.

Jessica chuckled. Then they talking for later what they would do, there was knock on the door and Oliver turned to door “Yeah?”.

The person on the door asked “Mr. Queen, Mrs. Lance if you’re entertaining guest upstairs, should I have some drinks sent up?”.

Oliver looked at me and called to the waiter “No its just me and Jess up here, and we’re on our way back down”.

Jessica walked towards the door, opening it. The waiter aimed the gun at her. Jessica pushed his arm and the gun away, punching him in the face twice, twisting his arm back to make him drop the gun pushing him towards Oliver.

Oliver punched the waiter in the face, kneeing him in the leg, knocking the lamp in the process. The waiter grabbed his gun from the floor.

Jessica spun to push the waiter against the wall. The waiter push her over the couch aiming the gun at her but Jessica wrapped her legs around his arm, flipping him to the floor, making him roll away towards Oliver.

The waiter stood to face Oliver. Oliver backhanded punched him in the face making him fall.
The waiter stood, turning to aim the gun at Oliver and Jessica.

My dad appeared in the doorway behind the waiter shooting him twice in the back, making him fall to the floor. He walked in lowering his gun looking at us in concern “ Are you two okay?”.

We were breathing heavily, acting shocked and scared.

Later in the living room we were sitting when Moira and Walter came in looking at us in concern.

I sighed and asked “Hey dad, how did you knew me and Oliver were in trouble?”.

Dad answered “Because when the guy was fighting you two, he broke the ankle monitors”.

Moira looking at us asked “Are you two alright?”.

“We’re fine” I answered.

“Mom, we promise” Oliver told her.

Moira pointed at my Dad “This is on you. By accusing Oliver and Jessica publicly, you’ve made them targets”

“Do you have any idea who attacked them?” Walter asked.

“We haven’t identified him. Though, it must be someone with a grudge against the hood and the girl in blue obviously” Dad told us.

Then he knelt next to me and Oliver, pulling the ankle devices off of us.

“What you doing Dad ?” I asked him.

“I got a call from our lieutenant. An arms deal was attacked across town tonight. By both vigilantes. Multiple witnesses put them there. In the light of that, all charges against Oliver and Jessica are being dropped” Dad told us while looking at me.

“I’m truly sorry for what happen to your family, but this is partially your fault so would you kindly get the hell out of our house” Thea told him while keeping her hand on my shoulder.

Dad sighed, walking out leaving us while we both look at each other.

The next day I was at hideout with Oliver and Diggle talking about Oliver conversation with Laurel and a close call which he covered up.

“So you lied to her or maybe you just gave her a version of truth” Diggle told him.

“He told her what she needed to hear, Diggle. She was too close” I told him.

“Sad thing is, I think you two actually believe that” Diggle told us while I sighed.

“I think things didn’t go down exactly how you two planned. You didn’t count on so many people having questions. Doubting you. You didn’t think about what happens when you lie. Especially when you lie to the ones you love the most. But when you two were stuck on that island plotting your grand plan to save the city. I don’t think you stopped to consider the effect it would have on the people in your lives. Or how it might hurt you or how it might hurt them.” Diggle told us

“You are wrong, John. We think about it all the time and just to be clear, not being able to tell our family the truth.. It doesn’t hurt anyone worse than it hurt us.” I told him.

Me and Oliver suit up taking our bows. “ Where are you going?” John asked.
“Mueller still has to sell those guns, and we have to stop him” Oliver told him while we leaving.

Mueller was in a warehouse with several more man with more firepower, ready for when we come but not enough.

We attacked them shooting our arrows at them killing every last man by any means possible after every one got down Mueller aimed a handgun at us trying to run away. I threw a dart at him making him drop his handgun.
They heard sirens in the distance. So she aimed her arrow at him while Oliver said “Leo Mueller, you have failed this city” while I shot at arrow killing him also seeing our carnage that surround us.