The Beginning

Jessica POV

Jessica Lance was looking very nervous and scared, she never loved boats and sea and also there was fact that her parents and elder sister Laurel doesn’t know that she was on Queen Gambit. Although Jessica or as people who know her call ‘Jess’ was very intelligent having graduate from M.I.T at age of 20 she hated that she had to lie to her family but she wanted to surprise her father with news she had secured a job Queen Consolidated one of the big companies at such young age was worth it according to her to do anything for it.

It also help her brainstorm some ideas how to break it to her family that she is gay. “Jess” called the man named Robert Queen who was kind of second father to her growing up, “ Do you need something from me, ‘Mr. Queen’?” Jess replied laughing. “Since when did I become ‘Mr.Queen’ from ‘Robert’?” the man asked looking slightly annoyed at her antics, she also knew he didn’t like it so she quickly replied “When you hired me to work for your IT department”. Robert chuckled slightly looking at the young girl face “But your job doesn’t start until you come back to Starling but you knew that it isn’t the reason you are on this boat” . She knew he was right and answered “ I have something which going change the view of my family for me, I thought this trip would at least help me get confidence to tell that”. Robert was going to say something to her but a crew member cam for some to talk which Jessica purposely ignored after that a boy slightly elder than him came around asking “ Something troubling?”. Robert responded to that charming boy or to other people know as Oliver Queen his son “ Not something but someone” while this was going on another girl who Jessica knew very well popped out yelling “ Ollie, where do you keep bottle opener on this thing?”. Seeing Robert and Jessica standing there the girl adjust her dress she wearing especially because of Jessica after all she was her elder sister Sara Lance who was suppose to help her on how tell their rest of the family that their two daughters were gay but was having fun drinking with Oliver.
“Remind me why I allowed you to bring your very drink loving sister with Oliver on board on this trip?” the old man glancing at Jessica face asked. She herself was confused about that she knew that she only accepted the Robert’s invitation to get herself confident enough to tell them that she likes girl, she knew that her older sister boyfriend was on board who according to her was the biggest flirt and playboy she knew but she also knew that Oliver is trying change his ways as he and Laurel were becoming serious. Oliver was also one of the few person who knew that she was gay, seeing her kissing a girl at one of the party he threw but he was very happy about and also was helping her to prepare for her coming out. “ Even I didn’t know that, I thought telling you that we both are gay was enough to give me at least ample confidence to tell my parents” Jessica said.

“You are the same Jessica we all love, so don’t be scare of your dad” Oliver barge in their conversation. According to Robert, Jessica was remarkable and confident person which is why he offered her a job in his company. He knew she had potential to become a successful business women if given chance possible enough he could saw her leading his company instead of Oliver sometimes. So, he invited her to meet possible investors in China which would help her gain experience for future and help her solve her internal problem.

“You have nothing to afraid Jess I am sure Quinten will have no problem with who you love. You are scared for nothing” Robert reassure 20 year old girl. So, Jessica along with Oliver go to his room where her sister was already drunk which was making her more annoyed and with thunderstorm it was making her more nervous.
“This is not looking good” Sara said drinking champagne straight from the bottle on which Oliver replied “ Oh, come on its not looking that bad”. Jessica being annoyed said “ What do you know about this, Mr. Ivy league dropout??” , Oliver retorted with his own snide comment “ At least, I am not a scared for some silly reason”.
After what happened neither of the three imagined ever will happened to them. The boat complete flipped and Jessica could see both Oliver and Sara was thrown outside the boat along with her, so she started to scream “Ollie” “Sara” the moment she could snatch something to float on. She started to swim to search for something or someone still screaming any names she could so she could find at least someone, she didn’t want to be only one who survived. Then she find a life raft on which Robert was with the captain of the ship and Oliver who was screaming her and her sister name, “Ollie” she screamed at the top her lungs and make way for the raft. Reaching on the raft she could only say “ I thought I lost you all, where Sara” with that she fainted.
When Jessica eyes opened she jerked up but then she noticed that she is in Oliver embrace and then she remember what had happened with them, so she asked Oliver with tears in her eyes “Where Sara, where is my sister?”. Oliver taking her in his embrace finally said “ I am sorry, Jess we didn’t find her according to dad she is probably dead”. Robert then gave her and Oliver water on which Captain scoff saying “Are you idiot , we didn’t have much supplies to survive” to which the old man replied “ If anybody is gonna survive this, its going to be these two”.

“I thought I had more time , I didn’t make our city great instead I have poisoned it. I have make money on others suffering and I am not alone in it. Promise me you two will survive and correct my mistakes.” Robert said looking at Oliver and Jessica and then shot the captain which shocked both and move the gun to his head. Robert then said his final word “Remember survive” and shot himself with Oliver and Jessica screaming “Dad” and “Robert”.

Both started crying over what just happened. They didn’t know for how much time they are crying and after sometime they both notice the island infront of them but also they both knew their life wouldn’t be same anymore and only one thing was going through their mind ‘SURVIVE’.