{Chapter 1- Forlorn Beginnings}

They reached out to her as she slept, yet their words did not bring discomfort, no. They brought a journey and meaning, one of which has yet to dawn upon her.

"Daughter of Light."

"Heed our words."

"Journey Forth."

"And spread your Clarity."

"You must now represent us."

"Become our Divine Grace."

.

.

.

She woke well-rested, yet her mind fell in a haze. Grace suddenly felt like she were a mere two-hundred years old, yet all-knowing of the wonders and evils of the world. Absurd, she thought, but quickly tossed it away as her door was thrown open, her mother's worried expression filling her vision. "Mui hén*. You musn't leave us, not again." Galadriel's glossy eyes broke Grace's heart a bit, the feeling of guilt overtaking her.

"Naneth*, it is unavoidable. My destiny has been decided by the Valar. I shall not disappoint them. Not now." Grace muttered embracing her tightly, "I know.." She mumbled and behind her, Grace's father, Celeborn, entered the room, a full bag in one hand as a sword occupied the other. "This blade, Ringil, it protected you before, allow it to again." He holds out the two items, "We have packed everything you need, the satchel from your last trip was enchanted."

Grace reached out and grabbed the items, setting them next to her. Her parents had left, after giving her a few hours to clear her mind and prepare for her second calling. Grace quickly bathed, dressing into some trousers and a white long-sleeved tunic, along with a leather vest. She retrieved armour from a drawer she sealed away, a steel breastplate, shoulder pads and guards, shin guards, thigh, etcetera.

Quickly, Grace reached for a quill and some parchment. She hurriedly wrote the letter, the ink botching in some spots while thinning in others. Grace grumbled to herself for her horrible penmanship but sighed, knowing that if she wrote neatly, she would perhaps be late for beginning her quest.

She met her parents and her guard for the time being, Haldir, as well as a horse. That much, she thought, was expected. Grace paused in her movements as she stared at the most beautiful horse she had ever laid her eyes upon. Its silver mane and tail, its white pelt, all seemed to glow in the light almost as if it was the horse of a diety. They held their stature high as a symbol of strength and perhaps a bit of a superiority-complex, though it probably had the right to have one, it was utterly beautiful.

"This, my dear is Felaróf. Named after the first lord of horses. Rightfully so, don't you think?" Her mother held his reins out to her as her father spoke next, "He will forever be with you as you are with him. Lady and Steed of Lothlórien." She places the reins in Grace's hand and once again, hugged her. Her father joined in and nearly squeezed the immortality out of her. They pulled away and smiled sadly. Haldir bowed lightly and gave his word to protect her until they reached Rivendell.

Grace handed the letter she wrote to her parents, who took it and smiled at her with knowing. Sooner than she wanted, she and Haldir were off to begin the trek to her destination. The feeling of loss flooded Grace's heart as she left her parents. It couldn't be helped, but she knew it wouldn't be the last time she saw them.

.

.

Right?

*my child

*mother

I do not know if I represented Galadriel and Celeborn correctly, though it was the best I could do while thinking of them as parents.