Thranduil/Grace One-Shot

How They Meet:

Galadriel and Celeborn had planned a visit to the kingdom of Mirkwood, bringing along their other daughter, Grace. They entered the palace and stood in front of the throne, their bodies hiding you perfectly. "Lord and Lady of Lothlórien, a pleasure." He stood from his throne and made his way down, standing in front of them, "Naneth, is that the handsome ellon you were talking about?" Your voice squeaked. The woman moved to the side and glared playfully at you, while your father just looked incredulously at your mother, "Handsome? Galadriel, you disappoint me." Celeborn spoke. "Oh hush." Your parents laughed and you stared at the ellon with curiosity, he just raised his brow, "And who might this be? She certainly can speak her mind." "Grace of Lothlórien. Their daughter." You glanced at your parents, playfully scowling. Thranduil gave a rare light smile, bringing your hand up to his lips and placing a gentle kiss upon it, causing you to blush lightly. "Welcome to Mirkwood, my lady. I do hope you will enjoy your stay." You nodded. This would be interesting.

How He Figures Out He Loves Her:

A beautiful elleth was presented before me. I wondered who she was, and figured out she was royalty, like me. I kissed her hand and even SMILED. I have no idea why. Perhaps I am bewitched by her presence.
No.
I musn't. Not with her. But there's something about her that makes me want her around at all times. She has been here for a few days, so I supposed we could walk around the garden since I was done with my work. "Lady Grace, would you care to join me for a walk in the garden?" I asked, holding my arm for her to grasp. "That would be wonderful, my lord." "Thranduil would be just fine." "Alright...Thranduil." Her melodic voice rung inside my head. When she said my name, it sent a shiver down my spine. Something about it just felt so...right. We walked down to the garden and took in its beauty, though my eyes wandered to her. Her long blonde locks, they look soft. Her beautiful grey eyes, entrancing. Her plump pink lips, kissable, I thought. Her soft pale skin, gentle to the touch. I admit it. I'm in love with her.

How She Figures Out She Loves Him:

He had asked me to join him on a walk in the garden and I agreed, though I noticed he was staring at me, I paid no attention to it. That was yesterday, today I am in his study, watching him work since my parents went to speak with the common elves, the Silvan elves I think. I studied his features, having nothing else to do. His long hair looked soft, I wanted to touch it, but I decided not to. He had a strong jaw, it made him look quite handsome- what? His eyes were a beautiful hazel, matching the title of his land, Mirkwood. He was slim and tall, but I didn't mind. He was beautiful. "Lady Grace?" He called, looking at me. I blushed a bit and looked at him in return, our eyes locking with each other's, "Yes, Thranduil?" He smiled lightly and shook his head, "I asked you a question, but you seemed distracted so I'll ask again. Would you accompany me to a ball I'm throwing tonight?" I didn't trust my words at the moment and nodded, another blush replacing the old one. "Excellent." He brought my hand to his lips, "Until tonight, my lady." He walked out of the room, leaving me standing there. I think I've fallen for him.

When They Confess:

Grace;
I had no idea what to wear, but my mother...that witch, knew EXACTLY what I should wear. She scares me at times. "Mother, is this really necessary? It's beautiful but-" "Ah ah ah! Darling, you must wear it, you will look stunning!" I instantly thought of what Thranduil would think, and eagerly nodded, grabbing the dress from her. I was a long white dress, with clear jewels embroidered onto the hems and around the neck. I put it on carefully and allowed my mother to do my hair. "Here, wear this, it'll show that you are royalty." She placed a shiny silver circlet upon my head and I smiled, "Thank you, naneth." She smiled deviously, "Anything for grandchildren." She ran out. She knows. I hurried to the ballroom but walked in slowly, bowing my head respectfully to the guard at the doors.

Thranduil;
It had been thirty minutes since the party started, yet I didn't see Grace. I had begun to get worried. But then I saw her. Beautiful. She was the definition of beauty. I was lucky she was my date for tonight, or I'd be heartbroken to see her with another ellon. My son offered her his arm and she accepted. I wondered what he was doing until he brought her over and handed her hand to me. "Ada," He addressed. I nodded and smiled lightly at him in thanks, in which he did the same and walked off to find Tauriel, heavens that kid was strange with his love. "Shall we dance, Thranduil?" She asked, looking up at me. I nodded and we made our way to the middle of the floor, starting a waltz.

Eventually, it became a different tune and so our dancing changed. In the end, though, was a dip, and everyone was supposed to do it, and I found nothing wrong with doing it as well. I gently tilted her, leaning and holding her carefully. Our faces were dangerously close and her arms were around my neck, holding onto me. "Thranduil..." She murmured. "Melleth nín..." I whispered back, "Le melin." We gently pressed our lips together and I pulled her up, holding her in my arms as we kissed. One hand gently caressing her cheek and my other wrapped around her waist.

Claps came from all around us and we pulled apart, blushing as we noticed the others had been watching. "Does this mean we are courting?" She asked. I gave her a genuine smile and nodded, "Of course, my love."

In the background of all the congratulations, we swear we heard her parents shout, "WOOOOO GRANDKIDS!!!"

How delightful.

When Legolas Was Right:

"Alright Tauriel, pay up," I smirked, holding my hand out to her. She groaned and slammed her hand into mine, leaving money in my palm, "This is so unfair! They got together in under a WEEK!" She grumbled, making my smirk wider. "Yeah well. You still owe me a dance." She blushed lightly and put her hand in mine once again. 'I am so boss dood.'