{Chapter 2- Welcomed Arrival}

The trek was quicker than she had expected, as well as silent and safe. Haldir provided good company, along with light jokes and good stories, though otherwise, he stayed relatively quiet.

As it pushed night, the two began to settle down to rest, though Grace figured Haldir would not rest much, seeing as he was to be her guard for the short duration of time, and there could be possible threats to Grace's safety, though she doubts that. The ellon was a respectable warrior, and he'd protected his kingdom many times before from outside forces, which helped Grace sleep a bit better, knowing that Haldir would keep her safe as she rested.

Soon enough, light cascaded over the lands and the two elves began the journey once more. Yet again, nothing dared come near. Strange. Though she paid no mind to it, it still left her a bit paranoid, nothing serious. Grace noticed similarly, that the wildlife seemed to have disappeared. Something horrid must be rousing somewhere. Perhaps Radagast the Brown has taken to protecting the animals. She only hoped.

After quite a bit of time, and a few stops, they had arrived at the borders of Lord Elrond's realm, awaiting the guards to open the gates, though they seemed more hostile than Grace remembered as they held their bows up, aiming for the outsiders.

"Daro*!  Lower your weapons!" Elladan shouts at the guards, Elrohir already working on opening the gate. They allow the Lothlórien elves to pass through and help them off their steeds, bringing them to a stable nearby. As Grace and Haldir approached the city of Rivendell a crowd began to gather, the common-elves questioning why they were here, and how the journey was, which Haldir answered before shutting down any more questions. All the while the twins pestered their aunt and cracked jokes, happy to see her.

Eventually, the four reach the end of the city, the castle-like structure coming into view. A figure stood at the doors, presumably waiting for her to arrive, she guessed it was Elrond. She was right. He held his hand out for her to take and smiled softly, nodding to Haldir and his sons.

"My lady, this is where I leave you. I will inform your parents of your successful arrival. I leave Felaróf in your care. Márienna.*" Haldir bows and smiles slightly, nodding back to Elrond and leaving. "Come now, Lady Grace. Allow me to walk with you to your bedchambers." Grace nods, "Elrond, I believe we shall be expecting the company of many over the course of a few days, correct?"

"Indeed. You are correct, sister. " He leads her up some stairs and across a few corridors until he finally reaches the door to enter the room, "It is as you left it, if not cleaner" He joked lightly. "Please, if you need anything your niece and nephews would love to help. Enjoy your stay, Grace." He bows lightly and she returns the gesture, sending him off with a light smile and a twinkle in her eye.

"Alright boys." She pulls her nephews into the room. "Who have you pranked, and how much have I missed?" Elladan and Elrohir look at each other before turning to their aunt with matching smirks.

.

.

Oh, how she missed this.

*halt

*farewell

Rivendell was totally a bomb place! I absolutely loved the design ngl,,, hope you enjoyed :)