College Shenanigans

Karkat's pov

It was a week before school started and Dave had used his Friday and weekend to drive me here. My college was a three day drive from where we live and they recommended I arrived early inorder to move into my dorm and figure my way around the school.

We were in the truck driving over to my dorm room. My scholarship required I stay at their dorm rooms and even if it hadnt its not like I could afford my own place.

We were close to were the map said the dorms were when Dave, still staring straight at the road, said

"You better call me and visit when you can."

I looked over slightly shocked before replying

"Same goes for you country boy."

He cracked a smirk.

By then we had made it to the dorm so Dave turned the truck off and hopped out.

I didn't bring much because well I didn't have that much really. So between Dave and I it only took two trips to get all my shit in.

The room was bare and beige painted. The only things in it were two beds on separate sides, with small closets to accompany them and a window looking at a beautiful picture perfect dingy parking lot. I could tell that I would know who all the stoners of the school would be.

Dave had sat down on the mattress the school provided and watched as I stared out the window. When I turned around and caught his sight he got up and hugged. I stooded there shocked. Dave never showed emotion it was 'uncool' and here he was hugging me sadly in my new dorm room.

When he started to let go I wrapped my arms around him and pulled him back. We stood there for a good 5 minutes before separating.

"You better fucking call prick."

"You better answer."

I smiled at his reply before saying

"Lets get lunch."

For lunch we had gone to the tacobell we saw around the corner.

When we got back we walked in to see a tall thin figure moving around putting stuff in place.

We walked through the doorway and the guy turned around gasping in surprise.

"Im so sorry am I in the wrong dorm? Is this 231?"

"Ya its 231"

"Oh well one of you must be Karkat. Im Deavin."

"Im Karkat this prick is Dave."

"Sup."

Dave did a little hand wave and Deavin stood with his hand streched out waiting for one us to take it, which we didnt, until he just let it sling down and rub across his khakis, Geez he was gunna be one fun room mate.

"So are you guys brothers?"

"No we're dating"

"Oh youre, um, youre like gay?"

"No one of us just happen to have a fucking vagina."

Dave laughed at either my comment or the facial reply Deavin gave.

He brought his hand up and scratched the back of his necking causing me to have hope that he had given up on simple chatter. He crushed that hope when he decided to say

"Well maybe we could go on a double date sometime. You know when I get a girlfriend cause im straight."

"Sorry but I dont think we'll stay in contact after college Deavin."