Break Baby!

Karkats pov

Its been a while since I started school. I gave up trying to type my notes and began recording them on my phone instead. I was getting use to everything, including my roommate, and had started to not hate it as much.

I was walking from the cafeteria to my dorm in the beige windowless hallway that had doors on each side. Dave was finally able to take off enough days to come visit and I remembered itd be best to tell Deavin before hand considering the first encounter.

I slipped my key in the lock and was surprised to find the door was already unlocked. Deavin had this weird thing about locking doors.

I shrugged it off and walked in closing the door behind me. As I turned around to walk to my bed I almost shrieked when I saw the bitch from English sitting in a chair on her phone ignore Deavin's desperate attempts at flirting.

I turned around to try and escape but she looked up gave a little screech

"Karkat! Your here!"

"Oh ya. This is Karkat hes my roommate."

Deavin gestured toward me disappointedly.

"Hey I was just leaving."

"Oh dont be silly you just got here."

"But we have to work on the project right?"

Deavin was desperately trying to get her to leave me alone and I was hoping it would work.

"Dont worry Dexter we can take a break."

"Its Deavin."

"Ya ya what ever, so Karkat what are you doing?"

I sighed and went over to my bed to lay down

"Waiting for my boyfriend to come visit. I was gunna ask Deavin if it was ok for him to come here."

"Ya bro itll be fine."

"Oh I get to meet your boyfrend?"

"No you will leave when he gets here bitch."

"One second can I talk to Karkat for a second."

Deavin rushed over

"Hey please let her stay I think im finally getting through to her."

I sighed

"Thank you thank you thank you."

I laid back down and began texting Dave.

"So what do you think we should work on ne-"

"Im going to stop you there Dean, could you get me a water or something?"

"Deavin but sure."

He walked out to get her whatever and she turned to me.

"So Karkat"

"No. Nope good bye."

"Oh come on,"

She got up and sat on my bed.

"Dont be like th- ahhh"

I shoved her off with my foot.

"What was the about?"

She got off the floor dusting herself off.

"Do I need to repeat 'No. Nope good bye' now did you understand or do I need to say it slower?"

"Oh so playing hard to get huh?"

"No not playing hard to get, not fucking playing at all."

She cackled the ugliest laugh before jumping on me. She had a leg on either side of me and her hands at my head her hair in my face.

"WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING?!"

Just then the door knob twisted and the door opened to show Dave and Deavin.

"HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO ME YOU WERE My PROJECT PARTNER?"

Deavin was more hurt than Dave who stood there shocked.

"Dont stand there get this bitch off me!"

Dave seemed to understand and rushed over grabbing her at the waist and setting her on Deavin's bed.

"You ok?"

"Ya thanks Dave"

"So this is the girl who doesnt understand the gay thing?"

"Yup"

"Maybe this will clear things up."

"Wha-"

He grabbed my face and kissed me right in front of her.

"So what I could kiss Dell here and itd mean nothing."

Dave pushed me onto the bed and you just heard two suprised gasps from the bitch and roommate. I couldnt help it I laughed. Dave got on his elbows and stared smiling as I laughed. Then he looked over at her and said

"Do you get the gay thing now?"

"Ya"

"Y'all probably wanna leave now."

They both looked at each other and walked out and Dave fell over next to me and we began to laugh.

"So spring break starts tomorrow you coming back?"

"You gunna drive?"

"Of course."

"Then lets get going."

After I packed my backs and left a note for Deavin we left.

"So hows College been treatin ya?"

"I dont hate it as much as I thought. Hows everything been for you?"

"Apartment is just as messy as when you first moved in and ive taken extra shifts to spend time."

"Sounds fun."

We drove in a comfortable silence. We ate lunch at mcdonalds and dinner at a local diner. We did this for the next couple days until we were back.

When we got back to the apartment Dave looked at me and said

"Ok I have a surprise for you stand outside the door ok."

I sighed and did as he said as he slipped behind the door door. After a few seconds he yelled

"Now knock!"

"Dave I just want to lay down"

"Then knock."

I groaned annoyed and knocked in the door. When it opened Dave was leaning against the door frame Luke he did the first day I came.

"Its probably really cheesy but ive been thinking about this for a while and decided id like it to be as close to the first day we met."

"What are you talking about?"

"What im talking about is Karkat I really do love you, like a lot and it isnt even ironic. And ive realized id hate to spend a single day with out you and I dint mean you at college I mean like gone and well Karkat,"

He got down on his knee and slipped his glasses over his head. I didnt wanna admit it but my eyes started to water.

"Would you make me happy for as long as I live and go off to what ever state that will let us and marry me?"

I was full crying now and began furiously nodding my head. Dave stood up and kissed me before wrapping me in his arms.

Authors note

Heres the final chapter everyone. I hope you enjoy the picture it was a lot of fun to put karkats face everywhere. And I hope you enjot the chapter.